A selection of articles related to jumano indians.
Original articles from our library related to the Jumano Indians. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jumano Indians.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Questions and Answers about Power Animals
- Question : So, what does it mean to work with 'power' animals? Are we working with an individual animal, say the 'possum down the street or the wolf at the zoo? Answer : Well, sorry to say, no. When you work with a 'power' animal (I've got to find a better...
Symbology >> Animals
- What do my dreams mean I can see the furture in my dreams?
- Prophetic Dreams in Ancient Times Dreams have fascinated man since the dawn of time, and many records have been found showing accounts of dreams and the role they played in ancient time. Many thought that dreams were a way to keep in close contact with the...
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- Baptisia tinctoria (Wild Indigo)
- The source for this remedy is the wild indigo plant. The Northern American Indians discovered the anti-bacterial properties of this herb and they used it for paint. Baptisia is an acute remedy for cases of quickly arising infections and inflammations, leading...
Remedies >> Remedies B
Jumano Indians is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jumano Indians books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Learn About Texas Indians
- PATARABUEYES. Rio Grande pueblo farmers. JUMANOS.
- Jumano Native Americans still revere Lady in Blue
- Jumano Native Americans still revere Lady in Blue. A tribe, once thought to be extinct, emerges in the 21 st century with new vigor by Marilyn H.
- AMERICAN J OURNEYS COLLECTION
- interest was the Jumano Indians.
- Help Pages to Native Catholic Record Guides MASTER LIST OF
- Isleta Indians [Tiwa] (New Mexico). Jemez Indians [Pecos, Towa] (New Mexico). Juaneño Indians [Ajachemem] (California).
Suggested News Resources
- Quechan legend befuddles historian
- Consider this: A delegation of Jumano Indians of Mexico appeared at a Spanish mission in 1629 wanting to be baptized and desiring that missionaries be sent to instruct their tribe.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Jumano Indians of Texas
- The Rio Grande branch of the Jumanos were Puebloan Indians and they lived in Puebloan style villages.
- Texas Indians
- The study of cultures, like Texas Indians cultures, is called anthropology.
- JUMANO INDIANS | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State
- JUMANO INDIANS. Between 1500 and 1700 the name Jumanos was used to identify at least three distinct peoples of the Southwest and South Plains.
- Jumano Indian Tribe
- Jumano Indian Tribe.