- Who Is Kaija Saariaho at The Met?
- Kaija Saariaho is a Finnish composer whose "L'Amour de Loin" will be staged at the Metropolitan Opera in New York next season. Why is that remarkable? Because the Met hasn't staged an opera composed by a woman since 1903 -- 16 years before the ...
- Kaija Saariaho's L'AMOUR DE LOIN Will Be First Woman-Composed Opera At The Met
- The last time New York's Metropolitan Opera Company performed a piece composed by a woman, there was no such thing as a World Series, only four states allowed women the right to vote and George M. Cohan was over a year away from writing "Give My ...
- Kent Nagano, Back At Symphony Hall, Remembers His Formative Days In Boston
- Nagano has since those days conducted the premieres of such major operas as John Adams' “The Death of Klinghoffer,” Unsuk Chin's “Alice in Wonderland,” Péter Eötvös' “Three Sisters” and Kaija Saariaho's “L'amour de loin,” which is finally on the ...
- Bringing More Diversity to Opera
- "L'Amour de Loin" was composed by Finnish composer Kaija Saariaho and will make its Met premiere on December 1st, 2016. It will mark the first time since 1903 that the Met has staged a female-written opera.
- La compositrice Kaija Saariaho au Met
- Un opéra composé par une femme sera à l'affiche de la nouvelle saison du Metropolitan Opera, une première depuis 1903. Il s'agit de L'Amour de loin, créé en 2000 au Festival de Salzbourg, premier opéra de la compositrice finlandaise Kaija Saariaho.
Kaija Saariaho is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kaija Saariaho books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.