- Sari-clad warrior: 73-year-old female exponent of Kalaripayattu
- At 73, she is possibly the oldest female exponent of Kalaripayattu, the ancient martial art of Kerala. Meenkashi Gurukkal has been at it for no less than 66 years – learning and teaching.
- A confluence of arts and culture
- The Hindustan Kalari Sangham, which is headquartered in Kozhikode, opened its Puducherry chapter about five years ago, with one of its core objectives being the physical grooming of dancers of Adi Shakti in kalari techniques, says Lakshmanan Gurukkal, ...
- Defying age with a sword: Meenakshi Gurrukkal, Kerala's grand old
- Meenakshi Gurukkal crouched low, sword poised; her eyes unblinking as she faced her opponent in the mud-paved 'kalari' or arena. From the tree tops, a mynah's call resonated in the silence.
- Mind over body
- “Kalaripayattu is a complete technique which encompasses the physical, mental, spiritual and medical aspects of a human being,” says Lakshmanan Gurukkal from KalariGram in Auroville. He is currently in Hyderabad for a week-long workshop at Our Sacred ...
- When Kalaripayattu dons new attire
- The workshop, led by A.K. Ibrahim Gurukkal, introduced participants to the basic movements in Kalaripayattu, breathing exercises and methods to increase the flexibility of the body.
Kalari Gurukkal is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kalari Gurukkal books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Kalari Gurukkal Topics
Related searcheseiffel tower
taringa state school
chalukya art and literature
penicillin variants in clinical use
youngs modulus calculation