A selection of articles related to kalasha customs.
Original articles from our library related to the Kalasha Customs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kalasha Customs.
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Everyday Water
- When you think of "Water" what comes to mind? A tranquil lake, gentle rain, or raging sea? Whether magical element or just a simple cup of tea, water can be a very special part of your life. Water Spirits Every body of water is an entity. Each lake,...
The Elements >> Water
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
Parapsychology >> Spirits
Kalasha Customs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kalasha Customs books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Saving Kalash valleys
- ties of the Kalasha traditions. religious and social custonislprsctices. their languages.
- International Conference on Endangered Language Documentation
- with a special interest in the Kalasha of the Hindu Kush Valleys, Himalayas Kalasha Language maintenance through .
- Personal View
- valleys in which dwell the Kalash-"Wearers of the Black which led to the other Kalash village, Birir.
- Neeroh Book.indd
- SOCIO-CULTURAL AND RELIGIOUS TRADITIONS OF KASHMIRI PANDITS. XII. 17 Frequently used Angas in Homas (279-332).
Suggested Web Resources
- Ignoring traditions: Modernisation threatening unique Kalasha
- Jul 18, 2011 The 3500-year-old culture might be lost if efforts are not taken to preserve it.
- Kalash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Kalasha or Kalash may refer to: Kalash people of Chitral, northern Pakistan.
- Indigenous People's Literature Blog: Ignoring traditions
- Jul 26, 2011 However, the ancient culture and traditions of Kalash is fading with the passage of time.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.