A selection of articles related to kalasha customs.
Original articles from our library related to the Kalasha Customs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kalasha Customs.
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Kalasha Customs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kalasha Customs books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Saving Kalash valleys
- ties of the Kalasha traditions. religious and social custonislprsctices. their languages.
- International Conference on Endangered Language Documentation
- with a special interest in the Kalasha of the Hindu Kush Valleys, Himalayas Kalasha Language maintenance through .
- Personal View
- valleys in which dwell the Kalash-"Wearers of the Black which led to the other Kalash village, Birir.
- Neeroh Book.indd
- SOCIO-CULTURAL AND RELIGIOUS TRADITIONS OF KASHMIRI PANDITS. XII. 17 Frequently used Angas in Homas (279-332).
Suggested Web Resources
- Ignoring traditions: Modernisation threatening unique Kalasha
- Jul 18, 2011 The 3500-year-old culture might be lost if efforts are not taken to preserve it.
- Kalash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Kalasha or Kalash may refer to: Kalash people of Chitral, northern Pakistan.
- Indigenous People's Literature Blog: Ignoring traditions
- Jul 26, 2011 However, the ancient culture and traditions of Kalash is fading with the passage of time.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.