- Take up repair of Kallanai sluices, farmers urge officials
- The Kallanai Kalvai Irrigation Federation has urged the district administration to take steps for the repair and maintenance of sluices of the Kallanai Kalvai for ensuring optimum utilisation of available waters.
- VIT Team Finds Kallanai Architecture Style in Anuradhapura
- VELLORE: A team of researchers led by Professor Satyajit Ghosh attached to the School of Mechanical and Building Sciences, VIT, have unravelled similarities in the architecture of two great marvels, Kallanai in Tamil Nadu and Anuradhapura in Sri Lanka.
- Two temples on Kallanai–Thanjavur highway in a state of neglect
- Another temple is dedicated to Sri Ayravadeswarar which is about 5 km from Kallanai. Although the temple appears to be properly maintained, thick growth of vegetation on the “vimanam” has been an eyesore.
- PWD takes up dredging of Kallanai Kalvai
- Work on dredging the Kallanai Kalvai, the Cauvery, and the Vennar channels have been taken up by the Public Works Department at an estimate of Rs.7.50 crore and the works would be completed within two weeks.
Kallanai is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kallanai books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.