- A status update
- Food festivals and reviews, film reviews, out-of-the- box stories and such began incurring a good response. The site temporarily went dormant . “We kept the domain though,” says Rafsal.
- A writer's tale of being a drinker in Kerala
- The "toddy tappers" would arrive in the morning, extract toddy [palm wine] from the coconut sap and give us a bottle or two before going to the toddy shop to sell it.
- Toddy with a slice of karimeen
- But it might as well have been an item of adornment because five minutes after crossing the sign we are hopelessly lost and stop an old, lungi-clad man for directions to the toddy shop, locally known as kallu shap ('kallu' is liquor in Malayalam).
- Families getting a kick out of toddy shop menu
- Toddy shops were once taboo for the upper-strata of society, and were visited mainly by the common folk. Now, times have changed and Kuttanadu's toddy shops are becoming the favourite place for families belonging to the upper strata of society.
- കള്ളോളം മറ്റൊന്ന് ഭൂമീലില്ലെടീ പെണ്ണേ...
- Oh dear Biju , your article will make the keralites to run for this pardise on earth ¡ One thing I must admit , the friend ship of the kallu shap is much more congenial for a harmonious Kerala than the hatered and caluminies of the legislature ¡ so long live our kallu ...
Kallu Shap is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kallu Shap books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.