A selection of articles related to kanghwa treaty.
Original articles from our library related to the Kanghwa Treaty. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kanghwa Treaty.
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
Kanghwa Treaty is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kanghwa Treaty books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The first half of the 20th century is a critical period in Korean history
- or more recently the gunboat diplomacy of the Kanghwa treaty (1876).”3 Viewed as a whole, Japan appears as a constant aggressor.
- Japanese Imperialism, 18681945
- 1876: Kanghwa Treaty – gunboat diplomacy to. “open” Korea; unequal treaty imposed on Korea.
- Regional Events
- expedition to Korea which resulted in the Kanghwa Treaty of 1876, the official " opening" of Korea to foreign trade.
- Full contents list
- The Opening of Korea and the Kanghwa Treaty of 1876. Brahm Swaroop Agrawal. Four Japanese: Their Plans for the Expansion of Japan to the.
Suggested Web Resources
- Japan–Korea Treaty of 1876 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Main article: Ganghwa Island incident. The Japanese gunboat Un'yō.
- Kanghwa, Treaty of definition of Kanghwa, Treaty of in the Free
- a treaty concluded between Japan and Korea on Feb. 26, 1876, on the island of Kanghwa (Korea).
- Kicking in the Door
- In Kanghwa City, the Japanese delegation laid its thirteen-article draft treaty before General Sin Hon and Yun Cha-sung.
- [KS] Kanghwa Treaty diplomatic protocol
- [KS] Kanghwa Treaty diplomatic protocol. gkl1 at columbia.edu gkl1 at columbia.