A selection of articles related to kapiti island.
Original articles from our library related to the Kapiti Island. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kapiti Island.
- Norfolk Island Pine: Correspondences
- Auricaria excelsa Folk Names: Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire Deity: Power: Protection, Anti-Hunger...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary N
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 28
- Chapter 28 28:1 And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita. 28:2 And the barbarous people showed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold....
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Kapiti Island is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kapiti Island books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Winner of Kapiti Island Nature Tours photo competition announced
- Apr 11, 2011 Winner of Kapiti Island Nature Tours photo competition announced. After a long search, the best photo of or from Kapiti Island has been found.
- Kapiti Island and Kapiti Marine Reserve secondary school
- Response of forest birds to rat eradication on Kapiti Island. Eradication of Fact Sheet: Key facts about rodent prevention in the Kapiti Island area.
- The eradication of possums from Kapiti Island
- Possums were controlled on Kapiti Island by trapping be- tween 1920 and 1968 to on Kapiti Island little was known of their impacts on birds.
- Kapiti Island Public Reserve Act 1897
- Kapiti Island Public Reserve Act. 1897. Public Act 1897 No 28.
Suggested News Resources
- Stoat finds on Kapiti Island a threat to kiwi
- Three stoats found on Kapiti Island are a particular threat to endangered little spotted kiwi on the nature reserve. There are only about 1500 little spotted kiwi remaining in the country and about 1200 live on Kapiti Island.
- Third stoat this week on Kapiti Island
- A third stoat found on Kapiti Island this week has raised fears there could be a breeding population on the island that had been believed to be pest-free for at least a decade.
- Stoats take hold on Kapiti - again
- WORST FEARS: Conservation Department biodiversity manager Colin Giddy with the second stoat found on Kapiti Island - a third has now been found also.
- Stoat population on Kapiti 'likely'
- A stoat-breeding population is "very likely" on Kapiti Island, says the Department of Conservation.
- Capital practices carry on through snowy weather
- Chris Kerr, primary care clinical director for Compass Health Network PHO, said from the Kapiti coast this morning that snow was down to sea level and Kapiti Island had a sprinkling of snow - unheard of in recent decades.
Suggested Web Resources
- Kapiti Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Kapiti Island is a small but conspicuous island about 5 km (3 mi) off the west coast of the lower North Island of New Zealand. It is 8 kilometres (5.
- Kapiti Island Nature Reserve: Wellington/Kapiti places to visit
- Kapiti is one of the few accessible island nature reserves. There you can observe birds that are either very rare or absent from the mainland.
- Kapiti Island Nature Tours
- Your chance to really experience one of the most precious nature reserves in New Zealand.
- Kapiti Island Nature Reserve Bird Sancturay - Kapiti Tour
- Discover some of the world's rarest birds.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.