- Despite India's warning, Nepal adopts constitution; first statute in South
- India believes that the Nepali political leaders didn't exercise the flexibility to bring on board all regions and sections of society.
- 16 Hindu rituals that celebrate human life with grandeur
- Karnavedha/Piercing the earlobes - In the seventh month, the earlobes of the child are pierced accompanied by prayers that ask for the child to hear bliss through her ears. 10.
- Debate on ear piercing for babies
- In India (and elsewhere in South-East Asia) babies' ears are pierced as part of the Hindu cultural tradition. Called Karna vedha sanskar, it is believed to ward off evil and is also done for traditional and aesthetic reasons.
Karnavedha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Karnavedha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesashtanga pranama dictionary
geforce 256 quadro
tehran province parks and recreation
kampen theological university
sifu traditional meaning of sifu