- Karnavedha (IAST: Karṇavedha) (literally, ear-piercing) is piercing the ears. This is done with a particular thorn.
- Birth and childhood customs
- The Piercing of the Ears Ceremony (Karnavedha Samskara).
- Karnavedha - Self-esteem development ceremony, to help improve one's image and self-respect. It further enhances one's responsibility.
- Aitareya and Kausitaki Brahmanas – A Translation
- Aitareya and Kausitaki Brahmanas. The Cultivating Samaskaras are 8 in number. They are: 1) Karnavedha.
- Puja services 2009
- Chula, Mundan, Karna Vedha [First haircut, Ear piercing]... 31. 101.
- Debate on ear piercing for babies
- In India (and elsewhere in South-East Asia) babies' ears are pierced as part of the Hindu cultural tradition. Called Karna vedha sanskar, it is believed to ward off evil and is also done for traditional and aesthetic reasons.
- Karnavedha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Karnavedha (Sanskrit: कर्णवेध, Karṇavedha) or Karnavedham is one of the Hindu Samskaras (sacraments) performed for a child.
- The recognition of the Karnavedha as a Samskara and the ceremonies attached to it are of a late origin. Almost all the Gruhyasutras omit it.
- Karnavedha - BMEzine Encyclopedia
- May 26, 2006 Literally meaning "ear piercing" in sanskrit, karnavedha is one of the rituals of childhood (samskaras) in the Hindu faith/culture.
- Karna vedha (ear piercing)
- The Karna vedha(ear piercing) sanskar is a religious and cultural tradition practiced extensively in our country.
Karnavedha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Karnavedha books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesthe amazing criswell quotes
saxophone electronic effects
horseshoe metal horseshoes
carol famous people named carol
indomethacin chemical properties
overseas chinese statistics