- Dalit engineering student hacked to death in suspected honor killing
- He married 19-year-old Kausalya who was from an upper caste despite the contention from her family and continued living together. Shankar met Kausalya while at college in Palani, where she was as his junior.
- Tamil Nadu: Dalit man hacked to death in full public view for marrying Thevar
- The police identified the victims as 22-year-old V Shankar from Chavadi Street in Kumaralingam village (15 km from Udumalpet) and 19-year-old Kausalya from Palani in Dindigul district, according to the report. Eight months ago, Shankar had married ...
- Lower-caste man hacked to death after marrying upper-caste woman
- The pair had married eight months earlier but some of Kausalya's family, who are from the politically dominant Thevar community, objected to the marriage. Footage of the killing was captured on CCTV cameras and onlookers' mobile phones. The assailants ...
- Student hacked to death in 'honour killing ordered by wife's parents because
- Kausalya's father C. Gopalasamy today turned himself in saying he was scared, but denied responsibility for the killling. He was remanded in custody till March 21.
- TN 'honour' killing: girl's father surrenders
- Shankar and his wife Kausalya, 19, were attacked by a gang with deadly weapons, while they came out of a shop. Shankar died in the attack while Kausalya escaped with severe injuries. Six police teams have been formed to arrest the killers, Tirupur ...
Kausalya is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kausalya books and related discussion.