- Soan Papdi: The Complex Indian Candy Floss
- She has also been instrumental in reviving her own community's Kayastha cuisine, a blend of Indo-Islamic traditions, which she cooks with her family and has taken across India to a diverse audience.
- India's caste system and British private education are hardly alike, but both
- All of them are upper caste, while three quarters belong to the two highest-ranked castes in the city, the Brahmins and Kayasthas.
- Food book: The Courtly Cuisine: Kayastha Kitchens Through India
- In her introduction, Preeta Mathur writes, "Kayastha cuisine holds a vast, largely untapped richness of family tradition; tenaciously guarded recipes that are passed down from generation to generation but are rarely documented.
- Narkatiaganj gives GA its lone Kayastha face
- RJD nominee from Motihari assembly seat Binod Kumar Srivastava could not make it to the assembly. BJP nominee Pramod Kumar got elected from this seat. Similarly, Congress's another Kayastha candidate Indu Sinha was defeated by BJP's Bijay Kumar ...
- Warts and all
- Belonging to a family which had been gifted five villages 400 years ago by the rulers of Awadh, his ancestors came to be known as the “Panchgaon Kayastha”. His father, Gorakh Prasad Sahai (“Chacha” to him and siblings) was a well-known lawyer and poet ...
Kayastha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kayastha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.