- From Chagall to Malevich: The Competitive Drama of the Russian Avant-Garde
- Kazimir Malevich, Black Square, circa 1923, oil on canvas. Saint Petersburg, State Russian Museum. Not all of the avant-garde developments in Russia at the time followed the path toward pure abstraction.
- The shape of terrible memories
- His next set of abstracts was inspired, he says, by Russian Kazimir Malevich painting "White on White", but there were also the rainbow hues of American Ellsworth Kelly's "Spectrum V".
- Sterling Ruby's Clothing (Yes, Clothing) Designs Go on Display
- “It wasn't so conscious, but now I see a lineage to other artists like Varvara Stepanova, Kazimir Malevich, Joseph Beuys, Elaine Sturtevant and their costumes or studio clothes.
- Why should art history only be for adults?
- Even the under-ones can join in. In 2008, Templar released Art for Baby, presenting black-and-white works to suit a baby's vision, by artists such as Damien Hirst and Kazimir Malevich.
- Morning Links: Kazimir Malevich's Racist Joke Edition
- X-rays of Kazimir Malevich's Black Square, currently on view at Moscow's Tretyakov Gallery, revealed a racist joke underneath the paint. [The New York Times].
Kazimir Malevich is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kazimir Malevich books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Kazimir Malevich Topics
Related searchesyoga systems
ford modeling agency