A selection of articles related to kerosene hat.
Original articles from our library related to the Kerosene Hat. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kerosene Hat.
- A local fish-goddess from the Delta city of Mendes, where the ram-headed BaNebDjedet was the main god. Hat-Mehit was usually depicted in the form of a woman with a fish above her head. No festivals are known from history....
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- Norse Great Father, carries two ravens upon his shoulder to tell him of mans destiny, All Father, Giver of written language (runes). Originally a god of death, whose range later came to encompass magic (especially runic magic), battle (giving victory by...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Local ram deity of Djedet (Mendes), meaning 'the spirit, the lord of Djedet'. He incorporated the essence of the world in four forms or 'ba' spirits, corresponding to the fours first rulers of the world; Ra, Shu, Geb and Osiris. At Mendes his spouse was the...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Kerosene Hat is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kerosene Hat books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Hurricane-force winds predicted for local waters and exposed land areas
- Never use kerosene or propane heaters inside without proper ventilation. They create dangerous fumes. Also, don't use charcoal in your house or ...
- Musicians Eddie Tigner and Daniel "Mudcat" Dudeck forged a friendship through
- Even eight-year-old Tigner got in on the show: His mother made him a white tuxedo and a matching pasteboard hat for a school performance, and he would dance like band leader Cab Calloway. “I was the best buck dancer in Kentucky,” he says.
- That High Desert Sound
- Cracker recorded its platinum "Kerosene Hat" release in 1992 at the old Pie-town sound stage, owned by the Allens at the time of the sessions.
- Don't stop the record: 25 hidden tracks worth waiting for
- The band's second album, 1993's Kerosene Hat, improved on Cracker's debut with hypnotic cuts like “Low” or the jaunty “Get Off This.” Dedicated fans who let the CD keep running all the way to track 69 discovered the eight-minute trudging global epic, ...
- Mountain of History: Ski patrol in Stowe
- Rescuers Craig Burt Sr. and Frank Griffin began the long slog back up the mountain by the light of kerosene lanterns. They hauled along a piece of corrugated roofing tin on which they planned to drag the patient down the mountain.