- Why it's time for summer capitals to make a comeback
- “In Xanadu did Kubla Khan/A stately pleasure-dome decree, ” wrote Samuel Taylor Coleridge in his poem Kubla Khan. One reason the Khan made that decree was because his normal capital, Khanbaliq (present-day Beijing), was too hot during the summer ...
- Both Russia and China experienced Mongol invasions that shaped their
- If Muscovy, the historical core that expanded into today's Russian culture, was forever moulded by the Mongol-Tartar Yoke, Beijing was as well — for although Chinese culture is notoriously 5,000 years old, Khanbaliq, now Beijing, was founded by Mongol ...
- Marco Polo: Season 1 – Review
- The story begins with Marco (Lorenzo Richelmy) being introduced to the court of Kublai Khan in Khanbaliq (modern day Beijing).
Khanbaliq is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Khanbaliq books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
sovereignty territorial sovereignty