- Why it's time for summer capitals to make a comeback
- “In Xanadu did Kubla Khan/A stately pleasure-dome decree, ” wrote Samuel Taylor Coleridge in his poem Kubla Khan. One reason the Khan made that decree was because his normal capital, Khanbaliq (present-day Beijing), was too hot during the summer ...
- Both Russia and China experienced Mongol invasions that shaped their
- If Muscovy, the historical core that expanded into today's Russian culture, was forever moulded by the Mongol-Tartar Yoke, Beijing was as well — for although Chinese culture is notoriously 5,000 years old, Khanbaliq, now Beijing, was founded by Mongol ...
- Marco Polo: Season 1 – Review
- The story begins with Marco (Lorenzo Richelmy) being introduced to the court of Kublai Khan in Khanbaliq (modern day Beijing).
Khanbaliq is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Khanbaliq books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbardoli satyagraha the crisis
jonah lomu health issues
declarative theory of statehood