A selection of articles related to kigo autumn.
Original articles from our library related to the Kigo Autumn. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kigo Autumn.
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Mabon Sabbat Ritual
- This is the second harvest Sabbat. The Goddess is entering into cronehood, and the dark of the year is beginning, so this is a time often associated with mysterious lore and wisdom. The altar and circle should be decorated with autumn leaves, gourds, berries,...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- This month's rune, Kenaz, is the sixth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. Thus, we are now one-quarter of the way through our journey into the runes! The phonetic value of Kenaz is the hard "k" sound. One basic meaning of "Kenaz"...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Ritual Tools
- The most important thing to remember about the use of ritual tools is this: the tools are unimportant -- we have all we need to make magic: our bodies, our breath, our voices, each other. However, ritual tools can be useful to remind your subconscious that...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Kigo Autumn is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kigo Autumn books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Kigo Versus Seasonal Reference: Cross-cultural Issues in Anglo
- surprise to the English-haiku poet that “migratory birds” (wataridori) is an autumn kigo in the. Japanese tradition.
- Exploration 19 Poetry: Building with Words Architecture and poetry
- kigo can be the name of a season (autumn, winter) or a subtler clue, such as a reference to the harvest or new fallen snow.
- hatano soha.roadrunner.november
- The shrike, the butcher bird, is a kigo of autumn. In writing this, was Sōha echoing the following haiku by Katō Shūson (加藤楸邨)?
Suggested Web Resources
- Kigo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Grapes (budō) are a fruit typically harvested in autumn. (ringo) and grapes ( budō) are examples of fruit that are used as autumn kigo.
- WKD (01) ... World Kigo Database . . . (WKD)
- Many human activities involved in growing the beans. Beans in autumn kigo ... the plants · Bear (kuma)Japan.
- WKD (01) ... World Kigo Database . . . (WKD): Autumn leaves (momiji)
- Jan 24, 2005 Yellow leaves are of course also part of the Momiji kigo. 紅葉. Red maple leaf, red maple leaves.
- The Yuki Teikei Season Word List
- Season: autumn months*: September, October, November; Obon (in early August), the Milky Way, and morning glory are autumn kigo.
Kigo Autumn Topics
Related searcheshow to become psychic
ecchi japanese etymology
dream dictionary wallet
james hird family history
iowa professional sports teams
sharm el sheikh