A selection of articles related to kigo autumn.
Original articles from our library related to the Kigo Autumn. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kigo Autumn.
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Mabon Sabbat Ritual
- This is the second harvest Sabbat. The Goddess is entering into cronehood, and the dark of the year is beginning, so this is a time often associated with mysterious lore and wisdom. The altar and circle should be decorated with autumn leaves, gourds, berries,...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- This month's rune, Kenaz, is the sixth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. Thus, we are now one-quarter of the way through our journey into the runes! The phonetic value of Kenaz is the hard "k" sound. One basic meaning of "Kenaz"...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Ritual Tools
- The most important thing to remember about the use of ritual tools is this: the tools are unimportant -- we have all we need to make magic: our bodies, our breath, our voices, each other. However, ritual tools can be useful to remind your subconscious that...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Kigo Autumn is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kigo Autumn books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- “Kōyō” (Autumn Foliage)
- Countless poems have been composed praising the beauty of the autumn leaves, with waka poets having relied on momiji as a kigo (season word) since ancient times. Adoration for the leaves of the Japanese maple is found in a famous haiku by the Zen ...
- Vikings Haiku
- Anyway, autumn seems like the right season to throw some Haiku around. And Week 9 of the NFL ... True haiku must contain a juxtaposition of two ideas or feelings and also must contain some kind of reference to the season or weather, known as “kigo.
- The Art of Concision: A Look at Haiku
- A further basic feature is the kigo (season word). In Sutejo's poem, it is the snow of winter. In the following haiku by Masaoka Shiki (1867–1902), the persimmon is a season word for autumn.
- Startup pitch: Xotelia is a channel manager for B&Bs, villas, and chalets
- Xotelia is a channel manager dedicated to bed-and-breakfasts (B&Bs), gîtes, chalets, flats, and other rentals. It connects to online travel agencies (OTAs), such as Booking.com-owned villas.
- VOX POPULI: Autumn has long appealed to Japan's authors, poets
- The kanji character for hagi consists of the “kusakanmuri” (grass radical) atop the character for “aki” (autumn). It refers to hagi only in Japan.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Kigo Autumn Topics
olmec mythology man of crops
auzu billahi minashaitanir rajim
willow film tv series
sensory system human sensory system