A selection of articles related to kigo autumn.
Original articles from our library related to the Kigo Autumn. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kigo Autumn.
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Mabon Sabbat Ritual
- This is the second harvest Sabbat. The Goddess is entering into cronehood, and the dark of the year is beginning, so this is a time often associated with mysterious lore and wisdom. The altar and circle should be decorated with autumn leaves, gourds, berries,...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Astrological Emphasis: Pisces, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Pisces: February, 21st - March, 20th. This article applies to Pisceans during 2001. General Pisces is the twelfth sign of the Zodiac, astrologically dominated by Jupiter and Neptune, exalted by the Moon and with Mercury in exile....
Astrology >> Pisces
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- The Goddess
- Although often depicted as a woman, she is none, and she is all of them. "I am every woman!" And every woman is the Goddess. She is the mystery of the life-giving and life-taking rhythm of nature, the great void and well of endless possibilities....
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Kigo Autumn is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kigo Autumn books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Kigo Versus Seasonal Reference: Cross-cultural Issues in Anglo
- surprise to the English-haiku poet that “migratory birds” (wataridori) is an autumn kigo in the. Japanese tradition.
- Exploration 19 Poetry: Building with Words Architecture and poetry
- kigo can be the name of a season (autumn, winter) or a subtler clue, such as a reference to the harvest or new fallen snow.
- hatano soha.roadrunner.november
- The shrike, the butcher bird, is a kigo of autumn. In writing this, was Sōha echoing the following haiku by Katō Shūson (加藤楸邨)?
Suggested Web Resources
- Kigo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Grapes (budō) are a fruit typically harvested in autumn. (ringo) and grapes ( budō) are examples of fruit that are used as autumn kigo.
- WKD (01) ... World Kigo Database . . . (WKD)
- Many human activities involved in growing the beans. Beans in autumn kigo ... the plants · Bear (kuma)Japan.
- WKD (01) ... World Kigo Database . . . (WKD): Autumn leaves (momiji)
- Jan 24, 2005 Yellow leaves are of course also part of the Momiji kigo. 紅葉. Red maple leaf, red maple leaves.
- The Yuki Teikei Season Word List
- Season: autumn months*: September, October, November; Obon (in early August), the Milky Way, and morning glory are autumn kigo.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Kigo Autumn Topics
natural healing dictionary
watermill operation of a watermill