A selection of articles related to kigo summer.
Original articles from our library related to the Kigo Summer. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kigo Summer.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mid Summer Sabbat Ritual
- This Sabbat celebrates the Goddess. She is now with child, as is nature with the bounty of the coming harvest. This is a time when energies abound, & is a good time for magick/purification rites. The altar can be decorated with summer herbs, greenery, &...
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- False Memory Syndrome and the Inquisition
- Memories are modified by circumstance and environment There is a new witch hunt in the United States. It has no need for proof and there is no reprieve. It is sufficient to be accused, and the lingering stench never fades. It is sexual abuse of children. The...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
Kigo Summer is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kigo Summer books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Amazake': The wintertime sake that isn't what it seems
- Amazake sellers were considered such an integral part of summer in Edo (modern-day Tokyo) that “amazake” is still a kigo (a word or phrase indicating the season) used in haiku.
- HAPPENING NOW (& Sunday): Arts In Nature Festival @ Camp Long
- That's one of dozens of short poems on cards lining a path into Camp Long as you enter this weekend's Arts In Nature Festival, presented by the Nature Consortium. It's on until 9 tonight and again from 11 am-6 pm tomorrow, and it's a chance to immerse ...
- Vikings Haiku
- In general, your visits to this purple community we call Vikings Journal include reading analysis and observations about the Vikings. It may also consist of writing a blog or engaging in a discussion on the forums.
- The Art of Concision: A Look at Haiku
- A further basic feature is the kigo (season word). In Sutejo's poem, it is the snow of winter. In the following haiku by Masaoka Shiki (1867–1902), the persimmon is a season word for autumn.
- Report: Jose Mourinho tells Oscar he is part of his Chelsea plans
- After all this summer will be the first since 2010 that he has had a summer off, having playing in the U20 World Cup, Olympics, Confederations Cup and World Cup over the past four summers.
Kigo Summer Topics
Related searchesmilgram experiment results
v festival history
norteos prison rules
brain the brain in animals