King Henry Viii
A selection of articles related to king henry viii.
Original articles from our library related to the King Henry Viii. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on King Henry Viii.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; 14:2 That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: 26:2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
King Henry Viii is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, King Henry Viii books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- King Henry the VIII
- Dramatis Personae. KING HENRY THE EIGHTH (KING HENRY VIII). CARDINAL WOLSEY.
- Coronation Ode of King Henry VIII1
- 31 Nunc maris insuetas puppe resulcat aquas. ON THE CORONATION DAY OF HENRY. VIII, MOST GLORIOUS AND BLESSED KING.
- KING HENRY THE EIGHTH
- I shall continue this tradition, and shall dispute before you the health of. King Henry VIII.
- Henry VIII's Family Tree
- Henry VIII. Mary I. Edward VI.
Suggested News Resources
- Try a weekend cycle in Bourne, Lincolnshire
- by Adrian Monti and Judy Yorke, Daily Mirror 26/08/2011 A new route has been introduced around the grounds of this castle built for a visit by King Henry VIII 450 years ago.
- The readers' room: what you thought of G2 this week
- As Patrick Barkham put it in his piece on the great uniform debate on Wednesday: "Uniforms were introduced at charity schools during the reign of King Henry VIII to instil discipline and that, roughly, is where the debate in Britain remains today.
- Renaissance Festival returns
- Actors Michael and Amber Comstock, who portray King Henry VIII and Lady Jane Seymour at the festival, are renewing their wedding vows during a special ceremony at 4:30 pm Saturday.
- Author creates second identity as O.M. Grey
- Grey is author of the sexy, paranormal "Avalon Revisited" steampunk novel about English King Henry VIII's brother Arthur, who is depicted as a vampire.
- Gwent's first climbing centre opens doors
- The former King Henry VIII Comprehensive pupil has been a keen climber for the past 15 years. He said climbers previously had to travel to Treforest where Wales' only other dedicated centre is based.
Suggested Web Resources
- King Henry VIII: Biography, Portraits, Primary Sources
- Includes comprehensive biography, portraits and primary sources.
- Henry VIII
- Sep 7, 2007 Shortly after becoming king, Henry VIII took Catherine of Aragon as his bride on 11 June 1509. He inherited £1.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.