A selection of articles related to king herod.
Original articles from our library related to the King Herod. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on King Herod.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; 14:2 That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him. 6:2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these...
New Testament >> Mark
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him unto Pilate. 23:2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King. 23:3 And...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 12:2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 12:3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then...
New Testament >> The Acts
King Herod is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, King Herod books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- When King Herod died, where did Joseph take Mary and Jesus? (To
- Jesus to Egypt? (So King Herod could not kill. Jesus.
- Read a sample chapter - Bill O'Reilly
- the next king of the Jewish people. The current monarch, a dying half-‐ Jewish, half-‐ Arab despot named. Herod, is so intent on ensuring the baby's death that ...
- “Go and search diligently for the child.” With these words King Herod
- With these words King Herod sent the Magi in pursuit of the Savior of the World. Little could Herod have known just how prescient were his words. The very order ...
- A Re-Attribution of the King Herod Agrippa 1 - Christus Rex
- It is believed that King Herod Agrippa I of Judaea (King A.D. 41-44) struck a very ...
- "Herod Antipas, Tetrarch of Galilee and Peraea," The Annual of
- Herod the Great, proclaimed king of the Jews by the Roman senate in 40 B.C., on the ...
Suggested News Resources
- UN call for Zika abortions is like King Herod's slaughter of the innocents
- The Archbishop of Lima in Peru has compared the United Nations to King Herod because the organisation has encouraged Latin American governments to allow women affected by the Zika virus to have abortions. Cardinal Juan Luis Cipriani drew the ...
- Selfies with the Savior? 'Jesus Christ Superstar' gets a reality update
- “It humanizes Jesus,” says Adams, who also plays King Herod, who is more of a master of ceremonies than a king in this story. “He belongs, yet he doesn't belong,' Adams says. Think Stanley Tucci's Ceasar Flickerman character in “The Hunger Games” ...
- Explore the Bible: Resurrected!
- In his trials before the Sanhedrin, Herod and Pilate and before an angry mob, Jesus had been judged guilty of blasphemy on the one hand, or of being a dangerous revolutionary on the other. He was condemned to die, and he did.
- Massacre of the innocents: Isil are today's King Herods say Archbishops
- In his sermon Archbishop Welby is expected to describe Isil as “a Herod of today”.
- The Young Messiah
- The story begins with text suggesting that many Jews fled to Egypt during the time of King Herod, as he was an oppressive puppet of the Romans. That seems an odd suggestion, given that Egypt was under Roman rule. The story focuses on one year in the ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Herod the Great - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Herod was granted the title of "King of Judea" by the Roman Senate, as such he was a vassal of the Roman Empire, expected to support the interests of his ...
- King Herod the Great - Livius
- Herod (73-4 BCE) was the pro-Roman king of the small Jewish state in the last decades before the common era. He started his career as a general, but the ...
- Herod | king of Judaea | Britannica.com
- Jan 4, 2016 Herod, byname Herod the Great, Latin Herodes Magnus (born 73 bce—died March/April, 4 bce, Jericho, Judaea), Roman-appointed king of ...
- Herod the Great - Ruthless King of the Jews - Christianity - About.com
- Herod the Great stopped at nothing to keep his throne as king of Israel. Learn how an angel warned Joseph and Mary to escape Herod the Great with the future ...
- Herod the Great Biography - life, family, death, wife, son, information
- Herod the Great, king of Judea, was an example of a class of princes who kept their thrones by balancing the delicate relations with the Roman Empire. Herod's ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
King Herod Topics
Related searcheskushan empire main kushan rulers
operation gladio turkey
dream interpretation bus driver
lincoln county oregon demographics