A selection of articles related to king herod.
Original articles from our library related to the King Herod. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on King Herod.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; 14:2 That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him. 6:2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these...
New Testament >> Mark
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him unto Pilate. 23:2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King. 23:3 And...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 12:2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 12:3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then...
New Testament >> The Acts
King Herod is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, King Herod books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Article Summary: King Herod An astute and generous ruler, a
- “King Herod Revealed”. December 2008 National Geographic. Page 1 of 5.
- An Audience With King Herod
- An Audience With King Herod. Page 2 of 4. An Audience With King.
- Unholy Land The Second Coming of King Herod
- Unholy Land. Editorial. The Second Coming of King Herod.
- 122. King Herod Kills John the Baptist (Matthew 14:1-12) Prayer
- King Herod heard about Jesus and the miracles Jesus did. Herod told his servants, “Jesus is really John the Baptist. John rose alive from the dead.
- KING HEROD'S MONEY
- KING HEROD'S MONEY. BRONZE PRUTAH OF THE HOLY LAND. COIN IMAGE FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY.
Suggested News Resources
- Pilgrim's progress
- Legend has it that the body of St. James – Santiago in Spanish – was beheaded in 44 CE by King Herod and brought by boat from Palestine to the Iberian peninsular, to be buried there and then forgotten.
- Is Namibia In The Days Of King Herod?
- IT IS unbelievable that while we are in the 21st century, some unscrupulous officers are busy tarnishing the image of the Namibian government by making rules similar to the days of King Herod.
- A little time with Bruce Dow
- Bruce Dow plays King Herod in the Stratford Festival production of Jesus Christ Superstar.
- Technical glitch mars Salome gala performance
- By Karen W Lim Premiering at the Esplanade Theatre this weekend, the tale surrounding Salome - a sultry princess who seduced and tricked King Herod into beheading John the Baptist - is one that is dark and twisted.
- Glenn Beck Begins Week of 'Restoring' Events in Israel
- By Chris Ariens on August 22, 2011 11:19 AM Ahead of Wednesday's Restoring Courage event in Israel, Glenn Beck took over an outdoor amphitheater built by King Herod 2000 years ago.
Suggested Web Resources
- King Herod the Great
- Herod (73-4 BCE) was the pro-Roman king of the small Jewish state in the last decades before the common era.
- BBC - Religions - Christianity: King Herod
- Sep 18, 2009 Herod ruled Judea from 37 BC. The Bible says he initiated a murder of all the infants in Bethlehem in an attempt to get rid of the baby Jesus.
- What Disease Killed King Herod?
- The life of Herod the Great was the stuff of legend, but the cause of his grisly death more than 2000 years ago has been a mystery.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Herod
- Yet Antigonus called Herod a half-Jew (Jos., "Ant.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
King Herod Topics
Related searcheslapis lazuli
christie dead or alive character
dream dictionary disease
space dust spacecraft