A selection of articles related to king khufu.
Original articles from our library related to the King Khufu. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on King Khufu.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; 14:2 That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: 26:2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
King Khufu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, King Khufu books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Khufu Statuette: Is it an Old Kingdom Statue?
- The statuette is identified as Khufu, king of the IVth dynasty, by the ka name of the king, inscribed on the right side of the throne (PI. I).
- Khufu's expeditions and their implications for kingship and society
- Especially latter was of pressing importance during the 4th dynasty because of an increased interest in monumental constructions.
- Archaeologists to raise ancient Egyptian ship
- Jun 23, 2011 King Khufu and buried near the Giza pyramids for more than 4500 years.
- Geometry - Set In Stone
- million bocks of stone, with the average stone weighing about 21. 2 tons. With a reign of.
Suggested News Resources
- Shock as Egypt's ex-leader wheeled into court
- Then, to a stunned silence, the unscheduled appearance as King Khufu ['Cheops the Bastard'], the 4th Dynasty Pharaoah who ruled over Egypt with a rod of iron between 2589 and 2566BC, was wheeled in on a hospital trolley.
Suggested Web Resources
- Khufu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Khufu was the son of King Sneferu and Queen Hetepheres I and brother of Princess Hetepheres.
- Guardian's Egypt - The Pharaoh Khufu
- Although King Sneferu was remembered as a benevolent and beneficent ruler, Khufu is believed by some to have been a more ruthless and cruel despot.
- King Khufu and the Great Pyramid
- King Khufu.
- BBC - History - Khufu
- Discover facts about the Egyptian pharaoh King Khufu who built the infamous Great Pyramid at Giza.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.