A selection of articles related to king leonidas.
Original articles from our library related to the King Leonidas. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on King Leonidas.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; 14:2 That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: 26:2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
King Leonidas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, King Leonidas books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 300 VS HISTORY 031407
- In the movie, King Leonidas of Sparta provokes the invasion of Greece.
- story picks up after King Leonidas of Sparta murders the Persian ambassador invades Greece as retribution for Spartan King Leonidas' kicking of the.
- SEMESTER MOVIE TITLE CHARACTER ACTOR Spring 2009 300
- SEMESTER MOVIE TITLE. CHARACTER. ACTOR.
- Examples of Classic and Modern Archetypes Use the chart to
- Rick (Casablanca). Heathcliff (Wuthering. Heights).
- The Greeks and the Ancient Olympic Games The Greeks The
- In 480 BCE King Leonidas, and his 300 royal guards, fought Xerxes, King of. Persia, at Thermopylae to the last man. Image source: http://www.
Suggested News Resources
- Olar: 'This is not Sparta!'
- As King Leonidas didn't say, “This is not Sparta!” But if B4U-ACT had its way, our culture would become rather “Spartan” in the way we see and the way we treat adults who sexually molest children.
- TV best bets: Sat., August 20
- Gerard Butler plays King Leonidas, who leads the legendary 300 Spartans in defense against Persia's ruler (Rodrigo Santoro) and his own army. Gerard Butler stars as King Leonidas in '300' at 5:30 tonight on TNT.
- Gerard Butler Flaunts Chiseled Abs and Arms Before Charity Soccer Match
- When photographed while changing in a locker room of the Celtic soccer team, the King Leonidas of '300' gets goofy by sticking out his tongue at the camera. Gerard Butler apparently hides a hot body behind his leaner physique.
- Welcome to the gun show; performing with grit in sports
- King Leonidas leads a small group of Spartans (300 to be exact, hence the name of the movie) against millions of Persians bent on conquering the world.
- The incredible shrinking Gerard Butler!
- By Stacey King, Aug 16, 2011 He might have made his name as the pumped up King Leonidas in 300, but it looks as though Scottish beefcake Gerard Butler may have been hitting the salads lately.
Suggested Web Resources
- Leonidas King of Sparta - Leonidas and the Battle at Thermopylae
- Leonidas was a king of Sparta who led a suicide mission against the Persians at Thermopylae during the Persian Wars.
- King Leonidas (Character)
- King Leonidas (Character) on IMDb: Movies, TV, Celebs, and more...
- Leonidas the Spartan
- The man of the hour was Leonidas of Sparta, a selfless warrior-hero, a strategist king and fearless commander.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
King Leonidas Topics
dot pictograms history
kundalini and the third eye
deus ex characters helios
york minster the towers and bells
chase the ace