A selection of articles related to king leonidas.
Original articles from our library related to the King Leonidas. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on King Leonidas.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; 14:2 That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: 26:2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
King Leonidas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, King Leonidas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- '300' star Gerard Butler shows Marines his Spartan kick
- Some Marines got a taste of the “Spartan kick” when King Leonidas himself invaded Camp Pendleton, California, on Friday. Gerard Butler was on base to promote his new movie, “London Has Fallen,” with a special screening for troops, but there was no ...
- Not bowing down to the Scottish god of Egypt
- A few weeks ago I went to go see the movie Deadpool in theaters.
- Educational Reforms in Greece and report from Berkeley
- King Ptolemy I asked Euclid whether there was some easy way to master geometry, to which the great mathematician replied, “There is no royal road to geometry.” There is no short cut to learning ancient Greek either. ...
- Gerard Butler Wants to Hook Up With This Girl
- Gerard Butler's on the prowl. He got Charlotte McKinney's number at the Daytona 500 recently. Now, Butler's in Las Vegas with his sights set on any girl that catches his eye.
- 'London Has Fallen': A ridiculous mess of a film
- If you've seen “Olympus Has Fallen,” you kind of know what you're in for: a ridiculous terrorist plot that somehow surpasses national security and the only thing that can stop them is King Leonidas the Secret Service agent.
Suggested Web Resources
- Leonidas I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Leonidas was the third son of Anaxandridas II of Sparta, and thus belonged to the Agiad ... His elder brother the king had already been deposed on grounds of ...
- Leonidas - Ancient History - HISTORY.com
- Leonidas (c. 530-480 B.C.
- King Leonidas of Sparta and the Legendary Battle of the 300 at
- Apr 1, 2015 The new king Leonidas did not have an easy task ahead of him. Several years earlier, the Persians under king Darius I had invaded Greece, ...
- Leonidas I of Sparta - Ancient History Encyclopedia
- May 12, 2013 Leonidas was the Spartan king who famously led a small band of Greek allies at the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BCE where the Greeks ...
- Battle of Thermopylae: Leonidas the Hero | HistoryNet
- About 150,000 men willing to die for the glory of Xerxes, the Persian Great King, came up against the most efficient killing machine in history. Leonidas son of ...
King Leonidas Topics
hecate other names and epithets
dream symbol lasting effects