King Louis Xiv
A selection of articles related to king louis xiv.
Original articles from our library related to the King Louis Xiv. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on King Louis Xiv.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; 14:2 That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: 26:2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
King Louis Xiv is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, King Louis Xiv books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Letter from King Louis XIV
- A Tale of Two Countries Lesson Plan p.21-22: King Louis XIV Letter. Letter from King Louis XIV.
- Louis XIV Family Tree
- Louis XIII. Anne of Austria. Louis XIV Family Tree.
- THE HISTORY OF BALLET
- King Louis XIV had a profound influence on the progression of ballet. Not only was he an avid supporter of dance, he was also a beloved performer.
- Absolute Monarchs in Europe, 1500-1800
- country, where King Louis XIV ruled with total control. Austria's queen resisted a Prussian land grab. Peter the Great modernized Russia.
- Music and dance at the court of the Sun King Louis XIV
- captivating insight into the cultural life at the court of Louis XIV, where music and dance played major roles in the social and political course of events..
Suggested News Resources
- SecondStory Repertory Theatre Presents TARTUFFE, Closes 8/28
- Written in 1664 by French playwright, Molière, this satire of religious quackery was censored by King Louis XIV and the French Roman Catholic Church.
- Today in History
- In 1715, following a reign of 72 years, King Louis XIV of France died four days before his 77th birthday. In 1807, former Vice President Aaron Burr was found not guilty of treason. (Burr was then tried on a misdemeanor charge, but was again acquitted.
- Chamber Treasures and Trinkets Event on Tap for Next Month
- Ever wonder if that chair was once owned by King Louis XIV from France or Louis King 4th of French Creek, NY? How about that painting bought at the tag sale for 50 cents in 1987? Is is a masterpiece or something someone did by numbers?
- Epic beauty of tree-lined Canal du Midi under threat as fungus strikes
- Making a tree-lined avenue of the entire 240km of Sun King Louis XIV's canal, some stand like loyal sentries guarding the dappled water.
- France on the cheap
- General view of the installation which uses vegetables and flowers cultivated by local farmers and horticulturists for the event called "Nature Capitale" near the equestrian statue of King Louis XIV in Lyon.
Suggested Web Resources
- Louis XIV of France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Louis XIV (5 September 1638 – 1 September 1715), known as the Sun King ( French: le Roi-Soleil), was King of France and of Navarre.
- Louis XIV - the Sun King: Louis XIV - the Sun King
- Nov 26, 2007 Offers more than 150 pictures and detailed information about this French monarch. Also provides information about his castles and his deeds.
- Royalty.nu - French Royal History - Louis XIV, King of France
- The life of the Sun King, Louis XIV of France; details his childhood, marriage, mistresses, palace of Versailles, and reign.
- Louis XIV - the "Sun King"
- May 6, 2002 King Louis XIV of France: conquest of French Flanders.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
King Louis Xiv Topics
Related searchesmusic and sound therapy
limestone uses of limestone