King Louis Xvi
A selection of articles related to king louis xvi.
Original articles from our library related to the King Louis Xvi. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on King Louis Xvi.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; 14:2 That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself: 26:2 I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
King Louis Xvi is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, King Louis Xvi books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- King Louis XVI French Society During the Reign of Louis XVI
- Role in French politics and economy: Bourgeoisie. King. Louis XVI.
- The King and the Revolution
- The King and the Revolution. Source A. King Louis XVI of France.
- Special Presentation
- The French Revolution provides a captivating introduction to these events, leading students from the grandeur of Versailles as King Louis.
- Walter Zapotoczny
- the comptroller-general of the royal finances, Charles-Alexandre de Calonne, went to King.
Suggested News Resources
- Today in History: Tuesday, August 23
- In 1754, France's King Louis XVI was born at Versailles. In 1914, Japan declared war against Germany in World War I. In 1926, silent film star Rudolph Valentino died in New York at age 31.
- Colonial Farm harvest and French encampment today
- Come and see the Regiment de Gatinois, which is in the service of his Excellency King Louis XVI of France from 11 am to 5 pm on Saturday, Aug. 13 at the Colonial Plantation in Ridley Creek State Park.
- On this date
- In 1792, during the French Revolution, mobs in Paris attacked the Tuileries Palace, where King Louis XVI resided. (The king was later arrested, put on trial for treason and executed.) In 1921, Franklin D.
- Gaddafi: a vicious, sinister despot driven out on tidal wave of hatred
- While pheasant shooting at Versailles (he was refused permission to go foxhunting at Fontainebleau), Gaddafi told his republican hosts he was "a great admirer of King Louis XVI" who was guillotined in 1793.
Suggested Web Resources
- Louis XVI of France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Louis XVI (23 August 1754 – 21 January 1793) ruled as King of France and Navarre from 1774 until 1791, and then as King of the French from 1791 to 1792.
- Louis XVI, king of France — Infoplease.com
- Louis XVI.
- Louis XVI
- Louis XVI. Influences. The storm broke during the reign of Louis XVI.
- Louis XVI Biography
- Jul 14, 2011 Louis XVI biography summarized: Louis August became Louis XVI King of France at 20 years old.