Kings Of Assyria Old Assyrian Period
A selection of articles related to kings of assyria old assyrian period.
Original articles from our library related to the Kings Of Assyria Old Assyrian Period. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kings Of Assyria Old Assyrian Period.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
Kings Of Assyria Old Assyrian Period is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kings Of Assyria Old Assyrian Period books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Museum of Lost Objects: The Genie of Nimrud
- The genie symbolised both protection and fertility - its role was to safeguard and replenish the ancient kingdom of Assyria.
- Welcome to the Museum of Lost Objects: Remembering the Winged Bull of Nineveh
- This is the first of 10 stories about ancient objects that have now been lost. The winged bull had the head of a man, the wings of an eagle, and the ...
- Ancient Tomb Reveals Cultural Entanglement between Egypt and Nubia
- This was due to the expansion of the Neo-Assyrian Empire in the Near East.
- Cookies on the BBC website
- One year ago a man took a pneumatic drill to the statue of a winged bull at the gates of the ancient city of Nineveh, near Mosul in modern Iraq. It's one of countless treasures destroyed by ...
- Black Pharaohs: The Kings of Kush – Egypt's 25th Dynasty
- Today this region is located in modern Sudan, with a small portion crossing into southern Egypt also known as the Land of Ham, by the ancient Egyptians, Libyans, Assyrians, Hebrews, and Persians.