A selection of articles related to kingship.
Original articles from our library related to the Kingship. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kingship.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- As one of the Heliopolitan Ennead, Geb is a cosmic deity and the eldest child of Shu. The union of Geb with his twin sister Nut produced the deities of the myth of Isis, Osiris, Set and Horus. As earth-god and presiding judge of the divine tribunal of the...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Son of Njord, twin brother of Freya. "Frey" is a title simply meaning "Lord"; his original name was apparently some form of Yngvi/Ing. Together with Thor, Frey was one of the best-loved gods of the Viking Age. Frey was the main god of...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
Kingship is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kingship books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Ghana represents kingship – Mahama
- President John Mahama has described Ghana as a nation that represents kingship. The appellation on the West African country by its leader came minutes after it observed its 59th Independence Day anniversary. The President earlier in his speech at the ...
- Kingship tussle: Delta community takes to streets
- ASABA—The lingering kingship tussle in Uwheru Kingdom of Ughelli North Local Government Area, Delta State, took a twist, yesterday with a section of the kingdom protesting alleged government plan to present staff of office to one Mr. Agbaovwe Afugbeya ...
- 'BJP not in kingship contest'
- The national general secretary of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), P. Muralidhar Rao, said that on Monday that the party was not in competition with anyone for 'kingship'. The remarks came two days after Mr.
- Olunloyo, Oyebola seek review of Ibadan kingship system
- A former governor of Oyo State, Omololu Olunloyo, a former Managing Director of Daily Times, Areoye Oyebola, and other prominent Ibadan indigenes have called for the reform of the Ibadan kingship system. The reform, they said, should be done to ensure ...
- AC Grayling reduces history to a game of quidditch
- He argues that the idea of the sacred nature of kingship, as premised in Macbeth, had been rejected, by the time of the civil war, in favour of new ideas about the nature and exercise of political authority.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.