- The Kurds Are at Demographic War With ISIS in Kirkuk
- Kirkuk, IRAQ — Kirkuk's skyline is dotted with colorful swatches of flags, each one marking the territory of one group or another.
- As Arab Births in Hawija Change Kirkuk Demography, Kurds Stand to Lose Out
- Energy-rich Kirkuk is awaiting a territorial resolution between Erbil and Baghdad to determine whether a referendum -- at a yet undetermined date -- will attach it to the autonomous Kurdistan Region or to the Shiite Arab central government in Baghdad.
- Kirkuk enjoys fragile peace after ISIS onslaught
- Since Peshmerga forces secured Kirkuk last year from the extremists, the Kurds have laid claim to the city they have fought over for decades. But the city's diverse demographics and ancient history make things in Kirkuk more complicated.
- Kirkuk ethnic tensions scupper Iraq census
- "The Arabs are coming from the south and the middle of Iraq, they are coming to Kirkuk. [These are] displaced people who want to be integrated in Kirkuk. This is another type of Arabisation.
- The tragedy of Iraq's Sunnis
- Displaced Sunni Arabs don't generally seek shelter in majority Shia southern Iraq; rather they head for the capital Baghdad, the northern semi-autonomous Kurdistan region and the disputed province of Kirkuk.
Kirkuk Demographics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kirkuk Demographics books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Kirkuk Demographics Topics
Related searchesgreen burrito
propaganda model flak
gertrude of andechs-meran
portland maine culture
cantons of switzerland list and map