Know Nothing Party
A selection of articles related to know nothing party.
Original articles from our library related to the Know Nothing Party. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Know Nothing Party.
- Morrison, Dorothy
- Dorothy is a Wiccan High Priestess of the Georgian tradition and an avid practitioner of the ancient arts for over 20 years. She teaches the Craft to students throughout the US and in Australia. Her interests include archery and bowhunting, magical herbalism,...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- Psychic Protection - Barriers
- Introduction: The countermeasures given in these short articles are extremely basic. They only contain the bare bones of what is necessary to use them. To understand the principles behind these countermeasures, please get a copy of 'Practical Psychic Self-Defe...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Protection
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Know Nothing Party is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Know Nothing Party books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “The ballot is stronger than the bullet.”
- Know Nothing Party – Houghton Mifflin Online Readers Companion The Know- Nothing Party in the South by W. Darrell Overdyke. 328 pgs.
- Immigration and Immigrants: Anti-immigrant sentiment
- bade party members to acknowledge they knew anything about any such cabal. Hence the party's more familiar name: the Know-Nothing Party.
- German 1830s-1950s
- formation of the “Know-Nothing” party in the 1850s.
- Riots in the City of Brotherly Love “No less than two hundred families
- the national Know-Nothing Party. This party argued that only native-born Americans should hold public office.
Suggested News Resources
- Obama stirs echoes of Buchanan
- At the close of the Jackson presidency, several political factions arose: the Anti-Masonic party, the Know-Nothing party and the Whigs. The grand argument for the Whigs was to fight tyranny. Andrew Jackson was the great tyrant.
- Beware candidates who pledge allegiance to others
- Whether it's the Tea Party extracting pledges or the Communist Party or the know-nothing party, such pledges are un-American. They deprive the overall electorate of the best thinking the elected official can render.
- Party that's not everyone's cup of tea
- In the 1840s, the Know Nothing Party bonded together, united by a fear of immigrants, especially German and Irish Catholics. (When questioned about their activities, members allegedly responded, “I know nothing”.
- Retired “party girl” Judy Bevans talks politics
- the political scene for most of the nation's history — with occasional challenges from the left, such as Theodore Roosevelt's Progressive “Bull Moose” Party of a century ago, and the right, the nativist Know-Nothing Party of the mid-19th century.
Suggested Web Resources
- Know Nothing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In 1855 it renamed itself the American Party. The origin of the "Know Nothing" term was in the semi-secret organization of the party.
- The Know Nothing Party - NIU Digital Projects
- Describes the Know Nothing Party and its anti-Catholic, anti-immigrant stances.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.