- This throne extracted a royalty
- The cousins, who belonged to the Kolathiri clan with royal linkages, were thus catapulted to Trivandrum to the apex royal House and groomed to become royals. But their adoption was followed by the 'grim epidemic of death in the royal family.
- The Last Queen of Travancore
- In reality, the two 'sisters' were first cousins who were adopted together in 1900 from the Kolathiri clan of Mavelikkara to preserve Travancore's shaky matrilineal line.
- Cultural activities that make for the deadliest sports in India
- Also known as Avithallu, this festival is celebrated by the Nair community of Pallassana Desham in the Palakkad district in Kerala, to commemorate the various wars fought by the royal family called Kolathiris.
- 'Theyyam' revisited
- It is believed that king Kolathiri who wanted to test the Gurukkal of his skills invited him to his palace. The king had thrown many challenges on Gurukkal's way to the palace,which were not easy for a common man to surpass.
- Malabar holidays
- Its links with local rulers like Kolathiri, Hyder Ali, Tipu Sultan and the British invaders draw visitors interested in history. The fort spread over 40 acres is more than 300 years old.
Kolathiri is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kolathiri books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheshatshepsut sources
assam durga puja
convair b-36 armament
r v keegstra
negotiation the advocates approach