- Lisa's Eye on Tokyo: HANEDA--From tiny fishing village to international gateway
- The Japanese concept of “kotodama,” mystical powers residing in words and names, resonates with me. “Koto” is speech and “dama” (“tama”) means spirit. So if you believe in kotodama, what we say has magical powers that can influence everything.
- Kotodama: the multi-faced Japanese myth of the spirit of language
- In Japan, there is a common myth of the spirit of language called kotodama (言霊, ことだま); a belief that some divine power resides in the Japanese language.
- GAKKO NO KAIDAN: NOROI NO KOTODAMA Trailer: The Return Of A 90's Horror Franchise
- If you're familiar with Haunted School (Gakkō no Kaidan), the successful Japanese horror film series from the 90's, then you probably know what to expect from the upcoming Gakkō no Kaidan: Noroi no Kotodama. But what you may not know is that all the ...
- Denisa Vostrá: Předpoklady japonské scéničnosti, KANT, Praha, 2015, 244 s.
- Dalším fenoménem, který autorka představuje, je „kotodama“ neboli duše slov. Důraz na sílu slova, zvláště v případě specifické jazykové struktury japonštiny, odkrývá souvislosti s podstatnými rysy poezie a literárních textů, které by bez podstatnějšího ...
- HRC's Endorsement of Hillary Clinton Was Disingenuous and Unnecessary
- I'm not telling you who to vote for. I'm not telling you who I'm voting for. Heck, I'm not even telling you which party I'm registered with (secret sidenote: I'm a hardcore Democrat).
Kotodama is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kotodama books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.