Kowloon Walled City Destruction
A selection of articles related to kowloon walled city destruction.
Original articles from our library related to the Kowloon Walled City Destruction. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kowloon Walled City Destruction.
- Religious Tolerance In Springfield and the Greenleaf Coven
- Religious intolerance is alive and well in Springfield Missouri. The question is, to what degree, and in the terminology of "The Burning Times", how high are the flames? In 1999, the court case of Jean Webb vs. The City of Republic was a headliner...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for...
New Testament >> Revelation
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 35
- Chapter 35 35:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho, saying, 35:2 Command the children of Israel, that they give unto the Levites of the inheritance of their possession cities to dwell in; and ye shall give also unto the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground; 19:2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 If one be found slain in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it, lying in the field, and it be not known who hath slain him: 21:2 Then thy elders and thy judges shall come forth, and they shall measure unto the cities which...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 5
- WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME A foot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, and the world before me, The long brown path before me leading Wherever I choose. Henceforth I ask not for good fortune, I myself am good fortune, Henceforth I...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Kowloon Walled City Destruction is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kowloon Walled City Destruction books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- A New Look at Kowloon Walled City, the Internet's Favorite Cyberpunk Slum
- Until its final demolition in 1994, Hong Kong's Kowloon Walled City remained one of the strangest places on Earth. At its height in the late 80s, some 33,000 people were packed into roughly 2.6 hectares enclosed by former military base.
- Kowloon Walled City: Life in the City of Darkness
- The Walled City's fate was finally decided in January 1987, when the government announced plans to demolish it. After an arduous eviction process, demolition began in March 1993 and was completed in April 1994. Kowloon Walled City Park opened on the ...
- Inside the Kowloon Walled City where 50000 residents eked out a grimy living
- Once thought to be the most densely populated place on Earth, with 50,000 people crammed into only a few blocks, these fascinating pictures give a rare insight into the lives of those who lived Kowloon Walled City. Taken by Canadian photographer Greg ...
- Kowloon Walled City: A special retrospective 20 years after its demolition
- This month marks the 20th anniversary of the demolition of the Kowloon Walled City, one of the most infamous and unique landmarks in the city's history, known for its lawlessness, unfathomable architecture and as an enduring symbol of the Hong Kong spirit.
- Remaining three missing Hong Kong booksellers surface in mainland China
- Guangdong police confirmed on Thursday for the first time that three Hong Kong booksellers who had not been heard of since they went missing last October were being investigated in mainland China. They also told Hong Kong police that missing Causeway ...