A selection of articles related to krishna river.
Original articles from our library related to the Krishna River. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Krishna River.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Krishna River is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Krishna River books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- KRISHNA RIVER WATER SHARING ACCORD
- The ongoing Krishna river water sharing accord (Bachavat Tribunal Award) is due for Every state is permitted to export Krishna river water to other river basins.
- Groundwater management in a coastal aquifer in Krishna River
- Apr 10, 2011 in Krishna River Delta, South India using in the Krishna River Delta, India, were studied located across the River Krishna in Vijayawada.
- About Basins
- The Krishna is the second largest eastward draining interstate river basin in Peninsular India. fall into the Krishna River in the upper two-thirds of its length.
- Analysis of the Inter-basin Water Transfer Scheme in India: A Case
- availability as against the water demand in one of the NRLP links i.e., from the Godavari River.
Suggested News Resources
- 2 feared drowned in Krishna river
- VIJAYAWADA: Two youths are feared drowned in Krishna river at Prakasam Barrage on Sunday.
- Three drown as boat carrying truck capsizes in Krishna river
- PTI | 08:08 PM,Aug 11,2011 Guntur (AP), Aug 11 (PTI) Three persons are feared to have drowned after a boat ferrying a truck across the river Krishna capsized near Tangeda Village, in Guntur District of Andhra Pradesh, today.
- Flood threat to 16 divisions in Vijayawada
- It also has a diversion canal near Ibrahimpatnam to Krishna river. The TDP, CPI and CPM organised several protests demanding channelisation of the rivulet as a permanent solution to Budameru floods which wreak havoc.
- Srisailam, Nagarjunasagar hydel units begin power generation
- HYDERABAD: As almost all reservoirs across the Krishna river reaching full reservoir level (FRL), many power stations started power generation again, bringing cheer to a power-hit state.
- Karnataka to spend Rs19,000 crore on irrigation projects in Upper Krishna basin
- The chief minister assured people that efforts would be made to protect the interest of farmers by utilising the state's share of Krishna river waters.
Suggested Web Resources
- KRISHNA RIVER FLOODS VIJAYAWADA VITHAL - YouTube
- Nov 2, 2009 PRAKASAM BARAGE AT VIJAYAWADA RECORDED RECORD INFLOWS FOR RECORD TIME IN SEPTEMBER 2009.
- Flooding along the Krishna River : Natural Hazards
- Oct 5, 2009 These false-color images show part of southern India on October 5 and September 10.