A selection of articles related to kushan empire.
Original articles from our library related to the Kushan Empire. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kushan Empire.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Kushan Empire is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kushan Empire books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- KUSHAN DYNASTY COINS OF THE “GREAT KING”
- KUSHAN DYNASTY COINS OF THE “GREAT KING”. TETRADRACHM – ITEM # INKUSHSORMEG. OBVERSE: BUST OF KING W LANCE.
- The Historical Origins and Development of Gandhara Art
- Key Words: Gandhara Art, Buddhist Art, Kushan Empire,. Taxila, Buddha Image. Pakistan is an ancient land and cradle of many civilizations.
- Kanishka of the Kushan dynasty. From his capital in modern Peshawar,. Kanishka in ca.
- Ardoxsho Etc
- Kushan Empire, Huvishka (c. 158-95 AD), gold stater: emperor riding on elephant r., legend in Greek letters (obv.
- January 17, 2011
- Jan 17, 2011 Kushan Dynasty, c. 150-175 C.E.
Suggested News Resources
- Pakistan's Smiling Buddhas
- Gandhara—occupied by Alexander the Great, the Mauryan dynasty, the Parthians, the Indo-Greeks, the Kushan Empire—became a converging point for Buddhist, Scytho-Parthian, and Greco-Roman influences, among others.
Suggested Web Resources
- Kushan Empire (ca. 2nd century B.C.–3rd century A.D.) | Thematic
- The Gandhara region at the core of the Kushan empire was home to a multiethnic society tolerant of religious differences.
- Kushan Empire, page 1
- [dryad] k u s h a n e m p i r e.
- The Kushan Empire - The Story of India - BBC - YouTube
- Apr 1, 2010 Michael Wood tells the story of the forgotten empire of the Kushans that ruled India in the first centuries AD.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Kushan Empire Topics
Related searchesbaron de grimm
what the bleep do we know synopsis
sir isaac isaacs