A selection of articles related to kushana period.
Original articles from our library related to the Kushana Period. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Kushana Period.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Astrological Emphasis: Aquarius, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Aquarius: January, 21st- February, 19th. This article applies to Aquarians during 2001. General Those born under the sign of Aquarius are characterised by their great passion for mystery and prove to have a fighting spirit in...
Astrology >> Aquarius
- Astrological Emphasis: Pisces, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Pisces: February, 21st - March, 20th. This article applies to Pisceans during 2001. General Pisces is the twelfth sign of the Zodiac, astrologically dominated by Jupiter and Neptune, exalted by the Moon and with Mercury in exile....
Astrology >> Pisces
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Astrological Emphasis: Gemini, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Gemini: May, 21st- June, 21st. This article applies to Geminis during 2001. An Air sign. The Gemini person is blessed with a great intelligence General An Air sign. The Gemini person is blessed with a great intelligence and has...
Astrology >> Gemini
Kushana Period is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Kushana Period books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Devdutt Pattanaik: A political Durga
- Her icons are also traced to the same period. Some scholars are of the opinion that the idea of a lion-riding goddess probably came with the Kushana kings as the Goddess Nanna, a variant of the Mesopotamian Ishtar, or the Persian Anahita.
- Why we still don't know what to make of Kipling
- Indeed, what I remember of Edward Said's approach to books like Kim is one that I've found very useful for reading books from the colonial period: the idea that Kipling, et al.
- Cultural sequence of Sarnath identified: ASI
- The first is Pre-Mauryan (4th Century B.C. to 3rd Century B.
- MUSLIMS RUTHLESSLY ELIMINATE THE BUDDHIST EMPIRE OF KASHMIR
- In the Kushana period, especially during King Kanishka's reign, the cult of Bodhisattva and the worship of Buddha images became quite popular. Under the patronage of the King, numerous Buddha and Bodhisatva images were constructed. A large statue of ...
- Glimpses of Indian Buddhist art
- The latest exhibition at India's National Museum gives the impression of an art gallery turned into a Buddhist shrine, one soaked in spiritual asceticism, devotion and artistic ornamentation.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Kushana Period Topics
Related searcheslist of holy cities tibetan buddhism
beethovens fifth symphony
elton john previous band members
drudge report criticism
square enix complete game list
chinese constellation mythology