- Californian earthworks reveal fossils of Ice Age horses and other animals
- The exact species hasn't been identified, but is believed to be either a giant bison (Bison latifrons) or an antique bison (Bison antiquus). “These are big animals, much larger than modern plains bison,” he said.
- Mammoth skull, tusks found in Idaho
- One of the most often found fossils are from bison latifrons, somewhat similar to modern bison but larger and with giant horns. Their image is part of the museum's logo.
- Cycad thieves strike again
- These earlier losses, all Encephalartos latifrons or the Albany cycad, and the flagship species of the collection, had a commercial conservative commercial value of at least R200 000.
L Latifrons is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, L Latifrons books and related discussion.