A selection of articles related to lake mareotis.
Original articles from our library related to the Lake Mareotis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lake Mareotis.
- The Lady of the Lake
- This is simply a conflation of all the multitudinous lake, river, and water spirits so prevalent in Celtic mythology. Nevertheless, common threads do appear; one of the best documented is that of relic-guardian, holder of the sacred sword Excalibur, who gives...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Thoughts on the Soul and Reincarnation
- Life is an effort to re-member one's connections to the all-knowing soul, which we have chosen to forget so that we may fully appriciate that knowlege by experiencing what it is like to not have that knowlege. We do not remember our choosing this...
Spirits >> The Soul
- Everyday Water
- When you think of "Water" what comes to mind? A tranquil lake, gentle rain, or raging sea? Whether magical element or just a simple cup of tea, water can be a very special part of your life. Water Spirits Every body of water is an entity. Each lake,...
The Elements >> Water
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 20
- Chapter 20 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 20:3 And cast...
New Testament >> Revelation
- Egyptian Temples, part IV: The Temple Building
- Model of the Universe From at least the New Kingdom on the Egyptian cult temple building was a symbolic model of the universe. It was built along an east-west axis, following the sun´s course through the day and surrounded by a brick wall built in alternating...
Religions >> Egyptian
- A Treatise on Astral Projection, Part 3: The Rope Techniques
- A key ingredient to the new projection techniques is an invisible, imaginary ROPE hanging from your ceiling. This ROPE will be used to exert dynamic pressure at a single point on your astral body to force its separation from the physical. The ROPE technique...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, 5:2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. 5:3 And he...
New Testament >> Luke
Lake Mareotis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lake Mareotis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Junction City New & Selected Poems Eamonn Wall
- As the years pass, so friends and family pass and Wall's most recent collection, Sailing Lake Mareotis (2011) includes The Monastery Bell, a very fine poem composed in memory of the poet's father.
- Octadrachm, reverse: jugate portrait of Ptolemy I and Berenice I, Alexandria
- To the south, nearly cut off by the vast marshes of Lake Mareotis, lived most of their Egyptian subjects. Some scholars have reckoned the country's ratio of Egyptians to Greco-Macedonians at ten to one.
- The Mystery of the Tomb of Alexander the Great
- Alexandria lies between the Nile delta, the Mediterranean Sea and Lake Mariout (Mareotis in ancient times). Near the eastern seaport there is an area known as Brucheum.
- Hello Goodbye Alexandria: A Five-Day Whirlwind Tour of Cavafy's City
- Ah, but there was Lake Mareotis, and that was all I needed.
- Philoxenite: the forgotten dream of pilgrims
- Mostly, these faithful pilgrims arrived in boats (Lake Mareotis was very different from present-day Lake Maryut), landing on the very same jetties used by the fishermen today, some 45 kilometres southwest of Alexandria (and 30 kilometres away from Abu ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.