A selection of articles related to lakota reservations.
Original articles from our library related to the Lakota Reservations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lakota Reservations.
- The Legend of the Dreamcatcher
- Long ago when the world was young, an old Lakota spiritual leader was on a high mountain and had a vision. In his vision, Iktomi, the great trickster and teacher of wisdom, appeared in the form of a spider. Iktomi spoke to him in a sacred language. As he...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
Lakota Reservations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lakota Reservations books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Songs My Brothers Taught Me review – tale of Lakota life finds wonder in ennui
- It can also be polite code for something that has all the right intentions but is an absolute bore.
- Hip-Hop Artist Frank Waln Spits Rhymes From the Reservation
- Having already been featured on WBEZ's Vocalo and MTV's Rebel Music, 26-year-old Sicangu Lakota rapper Frank Waln brings a unique brand of hip-hop framed through the perspective of a Sicangu Lakota man. Frank sat down with us to talk about his ...
- Lakota Language Now Critically Endangered
- Lakota, a language spoken on reservations in North and South Dakota, is one of the most well-known of America's indigenous languages, and one of the few still spoken with a significant chance of survival.
- CARROLL: Lakota names tell a story
- Circumstantial and aspirational names became cultural last names after the Army established the reservations and required people to identify themselves based on the new order. So Bad Milk became a last name because a person with that name reported it ...
- CEO Sarah Eagle Heart Grows Nonprofit 'Native Americans in Philanthropy'
- Eagle Heart grew up in an Oglala Lakota tribal housing community called LaCreek Sunrise Housing, located about a mile outside of Martin, South Dakota, a farming town, bordering the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and Rosebud Indian Reservation. Due to ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Lakota Reservations Topics
Related searchesboards of canada sound and methods
dream dictionary sewage
west ham united fc honours