- Stolen Almora idol back home after 50 years
- Residents of Almora in Uttrakhand are rejoicing as the idol of Lord Lakulisha, an avatar of Shiva, stolen in the late 1960s from the famous Jageshwar Temple, has returned.
- 9th century idol returns to Jageshwar on World Heritage Week
- ALMORA: A 9th century stone statue of Lakulisha - the last incarnation of lord Shiva - found its way back to Jageshwar temple complex in Almora district on the first day of the nationwide World Heritage Week on Wednesday.
- Chiselled to perfection
- Standing images of the god, sometimes as Lakulisha, holding an axe and ornamented with a snake are also seen. The Sangameshwara Temple at Mahakuta and the Jambulinga Temple at Pattadakal, however, have standing Shiva figures with clearly ...
Lakulisha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lakulisha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheslimerick poetry early examples
french army weapons
american basketball players
six sigma criticisms of six sigma
year numbering other calendars
curse ancient roman curses