A selection of articles related to lammas ireland.
Original articles from our library related to the Lammas Ireland. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lammas Ireland.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Lammas Ireland is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lammas Ireland books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Lammas 2010
- France, Greenland, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Isle of Wight, Italy, Welcome to the Lammas 2010 issue of the Controversial Cauldron.
- q u i e t w a t e r s c o n s u l t a n c y Independent - Lammas
- planned for the Eco-Village site Lammas at Glandwr, Pembrokeshire. ..
- Tennis Championships. Annually in July and August. Ballycastle Fest Week long festival.
- Cork Spring Literary Festival 2011 We thank all our funders
- A former editor of Poetry Ireland Review he In 2009 she was selected for the Poetry Ireland Introductions. Series.
- The North Coast & Glens of Antrim: A Walker's Guide
- information on this walking festival visit www.walktheglens.co.
Suggested News Resources
- What's Up...Reaching the halfway mark
- Lammas Day, or “Loaf Mass Day” was generally the first day of August.
- OPINION SHAPER: This is the month of Lammas
- This holiday honors the mythic pregnant woman who prepared the plains of Ireland for planting. Then she tragically gave birth and died — all in the middle of a field.
- Judge hits out at forensic delays
- Mr Morgan is on bail but was seeking permission to return to his home town of Ballycastle for the Auld Lammas Fair festival later this month.
- Free composting demonstration for residents
- Moyle District Council will be hosting a free composting demonstration on Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th August 2011 at the Lammas Fair in Ballycastle at the Seafront.
- Valley Views: Touch the earth
- Aug. 1 marked Lammas, the first fruits of harvest festival on the old Celtic calendar. The festival can be traced to roots in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England, with different tales attached to each.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Ould Lammas Fair - World Cultures European
- The Ould Lammas Fair takes place in Ballycastle, Co. Antrim on the last Monday and Tuesday in August.
- Frommer's Events - Event Guide: Ould Lammas Fair (Ballycastle
- Ould Lammas Fair at Ballycastle claims to be Ireland's oldest festival, dating back to the 17th century.
- Ol' Lammas Fair, Co. Antrim - Discover Northern Ireland
- Click here to see what's happening in Northern Ireland.
- Oul' Lammas Fair Review | Northern Ireland | Fodor's Travel Guides
- Read the Fodor's review of Oul' Lammas Fair, or post your own.
- Lammas off grid eco community - Transition Ireland & Northern Ireland
- Mar 29, 2011 Very interesting off grid eco community small holding in the UK.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.