- Journal Article: Chair and Professor of Geology Arlo Weil
- The Cordilleran orogenic system, comprised of an interrelated forearc accretionary complex, magmatic arc, retroarc hinterland, Sevier fold-thrust belt, and foreland basin locally deformed by Laramide arches, developed during Jurassic to Paleogene ...
- The Battle of Harney Peak, 21st-Century-Style
- Hot Springs, S.D.. Harney Peak—the old granite mountain in the Black Hills BKH 0.
- Capitol Reef: Photos of Southern Utah's Majestic Beauty
- The underlying faults that resulted in this region of more than 390 square miles (1,010 square kilometers) became active some 50 million to 70 million years ago, during a mountain-building era in North America known as the Laramide orogeny.
- Water plus magma = increased explosivity
- Dynamic topography and vertical motion of the U.S. Rocky Mountain Region prior to and during the Laramide Orogeny P.
- Peninsula Energy acquires satellite uranium project for Lance
- The dome was uplifted during the Laramide Orogeny and consists of a Precambrian granitic and metamorphic core surrounded by outwardly dipping Palaeozoic and Mesozoic strata. Uranium is hosted in the Lower Cretaceous Inyan Kara Group. Previous ...
Laramide Orogeny is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Laramide Orogeny books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.