A selection of articles related to lateen sail.
Original articles from our library related to the Lateen Sail. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lateen Sail.
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 27
- Chapter 27 27:1 And when it was determined that we should sail into Italy, they delivered Paul and certain other prisoners unto one named Julius, a centurion of Augustus' band. 27:2 And entering into a ship of Adramyttium, we launched, meaning to sail by the...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 20
- Chapter 20 20:1 And after the uproar was ceased, Paul called unto him the disciples, and embraced them, and departed for to go into Macedonia. 20:2 And when he had gone over those parts, and had given them much exhortation, he came into Greece, 20:3 And there...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Everyday Air
- We breathe it in every day. It surrounds us, fills us, yet often we don't even notice it: Air. Of all the elements, Air is perhaps the most illusive. It can be the most difficult to describe, but can also be one of the most vibrant. Air brings us the light...
The Elements >> Air
- A Solstice Spell To Consecrate
- This is a chant derived from very early Syrian Christians and reworked to be a consecration and charging chant for a jar of honey that I use as a prime ingredient some of my medicines. An Evocation of the Sun to empower a substance (in this case a jar of...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Wiccan Rede
- Bide the Wiccan Laws we must In perfect love and perfect trust. Live and let live, Fairly take and fairly give, Cast the Circle thrice about To keep the evil spirits out. To bind the spell every time, Let the spell be spake in rhyme. Soft of eye and light of...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
Lateen Sail is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lateen Sail books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- I. C. Campbell, "The Lateen Sail in World History
- tury, the sail known as the lateen was in use in three different regions of the world . In the accomplishments of the age of discovery.
- How Ships are Digned
- Square sails were great for going off the wind, but the fore-and-aft lateen sails were much better for tacking upwind.
- Lateen EM: Unsupervised Training with Multiple Objectives, Applied
- A triangular sail atop a traditional Arab sailing vessel, the dhow (right). Older square sails permitted sailing only before the wind.
- Snark Sailboat Brochure
- What's the difference? Snark's Sunchaser I has a lateen sail any novice can handle. Seventy-two square feet of sail helps power this four-person craft.
- ACA Sail Rig Plans - Enter.Net
- ACA CLASS OPEN SAILING CANOE.
Suggested News Resources
- A 'need-to-know' education is incomplete
- Many historians regard his invention as the third most influential in civilization -- just behind the plow and the lateen sail. (It's still too early to judge the transistor or the computer chip.
Suggested Web Resources
- lateen sail (sail) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- lateen sail (sail), triangular sail that was of decisive importance to medieval navigation.
- Ancient Sailing and Navigation - Nabataea
- Likewise, the lateen sail seems to have made its way from the Indian Ocean towards the seas of far south Asia.
- Sail Summary | BookRags.com
- It was not until after 200 B.C. that triangular "lateen" sails were adopted in the Mediterranean region.
- Lateen sail | Define Lateen sail at Dictionary.com
- Lateen sail definition, a triangular sail set on a long sloping yard, used esp. on the Mediterranean Sea. See more.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Lateen Sail Topics
Related searchesfrankensteins monster personality
beaverton oregon economy
flushing queens history
magyars history after 896