A selection of articles related to latin word.
Original articles from our library related to the Latin Word. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Latin Word.
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land. 4:2 And he taught them many things by...
New Testament >> Mark
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 13:2 As they...
New Testament >> The Acts
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- What is a Druid?
- According to the New Age Dictionary a Druid is defined as "a member of Celtic priests, poets, healers, and judges in pre-Christian Britain, Ireland, and France." Too the best of our knowledge that is what the Druids were, which implies that they...
Religions >> Druidism
Latin Word is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Latin Word books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Some Greek and Latin word roots-
- Some Greek and Latin word roots- a,ar,an - not, without ab - from abricto - wide awake acantho - thorny acri (acr-, acer) - sharp acrita - undistinguishable.
- Level 1 Latin Word List - Centre for Medieval Studies - University of
- Sep 10, 2014 1. Centre for Medieval Studies Level 1 Latin Word List by Morris Tichenor, University of Toronto. This word list was compiled from “A Glossary of ...
- How We Name Clouds - CoCoRaHS
- How We Name Clouds. Components of words that describe clouds. (All have Latin roots) alto - from the Latin altus, meaning “high” cirrus - Latin word for “curl” or ...
- Latin Verbs: To Be
- Not only is the word to be an essential Latin word with high frequency, but it is also a necessary element for understanding some of the verb forms that we will be ...
- Latin Derivatives A to V - Latin IS English!
- acerbic - harsh in temper or words: His acerbic tongue got him into trouble with a .... expressing antithesis or opposition; n., an adversative word or expression), ...
Suggested News Resources
- Woman advocates for Latin American breast cancer patients
- Yet when it strikes the Latin American community, answers are often hard to find. But there are people working to change that reality. When Cecilia Berman moved from her native Peru to the U.
- Your Friendly Neighborhood Video-Game Museum
- Maybe the right monument to how technology lives in the world isn't best described with a Latin word. Maybe we just need a church basement devoted to the stuff.
- In a Word . . . Sky
- Hiber, as of course you know, is the Latin word for winter, as aestas is its word for summer. Those clever Romans were on to our lazy sky all those centuries ago, which is why they never came here and dismissed this island as Hibernia – the land of winter.
- The Thread That Bound the World
- “Globalization” may be a new word, but Mr. Frankopan shows that even in ancient times trade and culture bound distant peoples together. Two thousand years ago, rich Carthaginians wore Chinese ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Latin word list - UBC Mathematics Department
- abutor : to make full use of, to abuse. abutor : to use abusive language / use a word incorrectly. ac : (atque) : and accedo : to approach, come near / (things) to be ...
- List of Latin words with English derivatives - Wikipedia, the free
- This is a list of Latin words with derivatives in English (and other modern languages). ... 1 Nouns and adjectives; 2 Verbs; 3 Prepositions and other words used to ...
- WORDS Latin-to-English & English-to-Latin Dictionary - AbleMedia
- WORDS is online Latin-to-English and English-to-Latin dictionary progarm that provides definitions and morphologies (gender, case, tense, mood, etc.
- Latin Words to Live By ("Love Conquers All - Merriam-Webster
- Over the centuries, certain Latin phrases have been used widely enough in English to get included in the dictionary. This list contains some of our favorites.
- William Whitaker's Words - Archives - University of Notre Dame
- Latin to English: type in a Latin word or phrase. English to Latin: type in a single English word. Optional: for English to Latin, you can add an abbreviation for the ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Latin Word Topics
three gorges dam debate over the dam
in catilinam i-iv
rhetoric examples of rhetoric
chungking express analysis