A selection of articles related to latium etymology.
Original articles from our library related to the Latium Etymology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Latium Etymology.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Fauna and Faunus
- Paired Deities of grove and forest, and the life therein. Faunus was originally a mythical King of Latium, but in later times, these spirits were conflated with Hellenic Pan, and the Race of Satyrs....
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- Last year I wrote the Hagalaz article while snowed in. Later in the year I somehow managed to get the Nauthiz article written. (Library School is going well, got 3 A's and a B, should be finished by the end of 99, and in the spirit of Wunjo, a moderate "h...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Norse God of Mischief, Trickery. Divine Catalyst, Breaker of Stagnation, Force for change. Giant brother of Odin. Loki wavers between a weal-bringing culture-hero/trickster and a woe-bringing destroyer. He is responsible for getting the gods most of their...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
Latium Etymology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Latium Etymology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- CPY Document Title
- (Latium Vetus), the coastal region of Tyrrhenian cen- side the confines of Old Latium and into the territory .
- MERCURIUS et proximī Václav Blažek In the present contribution
- from Latium is quite probable (Untermann 2000, 85-86).
- Place-names ofthe Ebro Valley: their linguistic origins
- of course be Iberian; but the parallel of Tarracina on the Latium-Campania border supports an IE origin. Telobis/Tolobi.
- THE ARYAN ORIGIN OF THE ALPHABET: DISCLOSING THE
- The Aryan Origin of the Alphabet, Waddell.
Suggested Web Resources
- Online Etymology Dictionary
- The Online Etymology Dictionary "of Laurentum," a maritime town in Latium, lit. O.E.
- Laurence - Online Etymology Dictionary
- The Online Etymology Dictionary.
- etymology - What is the origin of the word "Latin"? - English
- I'm prompted by a question on the origin of the word English. Being English Latin comes from the latin word Latinus which means "*of Latium".