A selection of articles related to lay priesthood.
Original articles from our library related to the Lay Priesthood. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lay Priesthood.
- Egyptian Temples, part II: The Priesthood
- The basis for the country, for society and for the individual was the maintaining of Maat. When the earth is a reflection of the sky, which is lorded by Re, then Pharaoh, "son of Re", Horus incarnated, becomes accordingly the lord of the earth. But...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: New Kingdom
- New Kingdom (ca 1580 -1085 bc.) The Hyksos people The so called 'Hyksos' invasion, which was most likely composed of several small groups of different people infiltrating the delta during the 13th Dynasty, meant the end of the Middle Kingdom. The Hyksos...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground; 19:2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 And they took their journey from Elim, and all the congregation of the children of Israel came unto the wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after their departing out of the land of Egypt....
Old Testament >> Exodus
Lay Priesthood is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lay Priesthood books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- CANCER IN UTAH MORMON MEN BY LAY PRIESTHOOD LEVEL
- Cancer in Utah Mormon men by lay priesthood level. Am J Epidemiol 1982;116: 243-57.
- Photographer's Statement At a recent coffee hour, my friend Sue, a
- ritual falls in the hands of the priest and the choir director. Most of the time, the lay people (laoi) of God could just as well be robots.
- e Pulpits
- vivid illustration of the growing number of lay priest- hood offices in the early church.
- A Priest Forever
- sciences, psychology, law and sociology is a necessary feature of this lay outlook .
- Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
- What the Universal Church Is. • What Our Congregation Is. • What Our Congregation Does.
Suggested News Resources
- GOP rivals have different takes on Mormon faith
- And US Representative Jason Chaffetz of Utah, Huntsman's former chief of staff, said that during his first gubernatorial run, Huntsman taught a class to prepare young men for the lay priesthood.
- The Oft-Misunderstood Faith Of Modern Mormons
- You know, race is one of - the church excluded African-American men from - men of African descent, I should say more generally, from holding the lay priesthood for a 150-year period about dating from the 1840s into the late 20th century.
- A Mormon 'myth,' not quite debunked
- in the church's worldwide command structure and are forbidden from the lay priesthood held by all men 12 and older, and that church ceremonies include unequal gender language while church doctrine holds that men “preside” over their families.
Suggested Web Resources
- Laity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In the past in Christian cultures, the term lay priest was sometimes used to refer to a secular priest, a diocesan priest who is not a member of a religious order.
- Lay Priesthood - LDS Newsroom
- Topic page at LDS Newsroom that explores Lay Priesthood.
- Josemaria Escriva sermons - A Priest Forever
- Apr 13, 1973 A priest is no more a man or a Christian than any ordinary lay person. That is why it is so important for a priest to be deeply humble.
- Cancer in Utah Mormon men by lay priesthood level.
- Cancer in Utah Mormon men by lay priesthood level. Gardner JW, Lyon JL.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.