A selection of articles related to lecompton constitution.
Original articles from our library related to the Lecompton Constitution. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lecompton Constitution.
- The Thinking Rede
- It would be much easier if the Rede acted like a giant Magic Eight Ball. Ask it a question, shake the ball, and wait for "yes," "no," or "absolutely!" to float to the top of the murkey window. Unfortunately, the deceivingly...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- Astrological Emphasis: Capricorn, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Capricorn: 22 December, 2000 - 20 January, 2001. This article applies to Capricorns during 2001. General Those born under this sign, ruled by Saturn, have a strong practical sense. They have a strong constitution, a prominent...
Astrology >> Capricorn
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Pagan Sexuality and Sexual Freedom
- Old Traditions Live Today! Pagans like me who believe in, talk about and practice sexual freedom are protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. As individuals, and as Americans, we pagans have the freedom to choose the manner in which we...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Lecompton Constitution is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lecompton Constitution books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Lecompton Constitution Hall Lecompton - National Park Service
- Lecompton Constitution Hall. AND/OR HISTORIC: Lecompton Constitution Hall.
- Title: Popular Sovereignty and the Lecompton Constitution
- Act!” to analyze the Lecompton Constitution in terms of popular sovereignty.
- Bald Eaglenew Mar 07.pub - Historic Lecompton
- Lecompton Constitution Comes Home.
Suggested News Resources
- Guest column: Lecompton thriving
- The Lecompton Constitution divided the national Democratic party in 1858 and directly led to the election of President Abraham Lincoln in 1860. ■ Lecompton was mentioned 55 times during the Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Driving Across America
- The original building where the infamous Lecompton Constitution was born is now a museum. Pledging Kansas to slavery, that constitution was a main topic in the Lincoln-Douglas debates and helped elect Lincoln eventually as president.
Suggested Web Resources
- Lecompton — Infoplease.com
- Lecompton (lukomp'tun) [key], small town, Douglas co., NE Kans., on the Kansas River between Lawrence and Topeka.
- Lecompton Constitution (manuscript version)
- Jun 15, 2006 Author: Lecompton Constitutional Convention Date: November 7, 1857.
- Lecompton Constitution (United States history) -- Britannica Online
- Lecompton Constitution (United States history), (1857), instrument framed in Lecompton, Kan., by Southern pro- slavery advocates of Kansas statehood.
- HowStuffWorks "Lecompton Constitution"
- Feb 27, 2008 The Lecompton Constitution was an important part of the American Civil War. Learn more about the Lecompton Constitution at HowStuffWorks.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.