A selection of articles related to lent.
Original articles from our library related to the Lent. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lent.
- (related to Aryan for "Boat") The Goddess of Death. She is said to secretly cast up a little bone ("Navya kostochka" = `Nav's bone') in a victim's food, and when the fragment is swallowed, they die. Her sacred day was "Naviy den"...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. 12:3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. 23:2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Sun Fire Laughing
- At the center of every creation Fire dances, laughing, conjuring, holding the chill of the void at bay. Like both the charmer and the snake, he warms the Earth to jump from its slumber, calling all life to stand and reach for him in the heavens, calling all...
The Elements >> Fire
- Pagan Festivals
- There are eight major pagan festivals celebrated by Wiccans and other pagans. Yes, just like other religions, they have a set of religious festivals that they observe and celebrate.
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Lent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lent books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- keeping a holy lent
- This Sunday before Easter is the last Sunday in Lent.
- What to do before Lent begins.
- What to do before Lent begins. Anything worth doing is worth preparing for.
- The Season of Lent: Our Journey Back to God
- On this First Sunday of Lent, I want to begin with a line from the. Presbyterian Book of a few days ago.
Suggested News Resources
- How corn king conquered State Fair
- Once State Fair officials lent him an ear, Brad Ribar's corn stand became one of the fair's sweetest food success stories. Brad Ribar, center, expects to peddle up to 190000 ears of roasted corn from his spot near the fair's grandstand.
- Feds lent $1.2 trillion to Wall St. elite
- Citigroup and Bank of America were the reigning champions of finance in 2006 as home prices peaked, leading the 10 biggest US banks and brokerage firms to their best years ever with $104 billion of profits.
- Ads take fire at Tomblin, Maloney
- The relatively quiet campaign thus far was lent a megaphone Tuesday when two national political organizations decided to launch separate ad campaigns taking shots at the Republican and Democratic gubernatorial nominees.
- How can I get money ($3000) back that I lent to my then boyfriend?
- I lost the written agreement but I have records of when I lent him money & what for & some text messages alluding to him owing him money. Plus his sister witnessed it. My other problem is that he is usually below the poverty line.
- Bremerton's Morgan Center could remain a home that helps
- Bremerton Mayor Patty Lent is hopeful that DSHS might consider a proposal to deed the site to the city, which would then lease it to other Kitsap agencies who provide services for people dealing with homelessness, addiction or other challenges.
Suggested Web Resources
- Lent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In the Christian tradition, Lent is the period of the liturgical year from Ash Wednesday to Easter.
- The Season of Lent
- Information about the Season of Lent, including what it means, when it starts and ends, how it originated, and how it sets the theme for Christian worship.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Lent
- The Teutonic word Lent, which we employ to denote the forty days' fast preceding Easter, originally meant no more than the spring season.
- Welcome to Lenten Season - Easter / Lent - Catholic Online
- Catholic Life contains everything catholic you want.
- All About Lent - Catholic Information Network
- Provides answers to common questions about the annual observance.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesthermus aquaticus history
teleology classical greek teleology
flood main causes
mahatma gandhi early life
list of medical schools sri lanka
lord of chaos plot summary