A selection of articles related to lent.
Original articles from our library related to the Lent. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lent.
- The Case of Ted Owens (The PK Man)
- The principal concern of most readers will be whether the evidence in the Ted Owens case, as presented by Dr. Mishlove, is true beyond a reasonable doubt. Were this case the only case open to investigation it might well be considered beyond the pale of...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Daffodil: Correspondences
- Narcissus spp. Folk Names: Asphodel, Daffy-Down-Dilly, Fleur de Coucou, Goose Leek, Lent-Lily, Narcissus, Porillon Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deity: Power: Love, Fertility, Luck...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary D
- Why are some experts skeptical about subliminal influence?
- There was once a legitimate scientific controversy over whether subliminal perception really occurs or not. The question was whether someone can perceive something unconsciously. All kinds of experiments were performed to try to prove that we were...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- (related to Aryan for "Boat") The Goddess of Death. She is said to secretly cast up a little bone ("Navya kostochka" = `Nav's bone') in a victim's food, and when the fragment is swallowed, they die. Her sacred day was "Naviy den"...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. 12:3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Lent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lent books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- keeping a holy lent
- This Sunday before Easter is the last Sunday in Lent.
- What to do before Lent begins.
- What to do before Lent begins. Anything worth doing is worth preparing for.
- The Season of Lent: Our Journey Back to God
- On this First Sunday of Lent, I want to begin with a line from the. Presbyterian Book of a few days ago.
Suggested News Resources
- How corn king conquered State Fair
- Once State Fair officials lent him an ear, Brad Ribar's corn stand became one of the fair's sweetest food success stories. Brad Ribar, center, expects to peddle up to 190000 ears of roasted corn from his spot near the fair's grandstand.
- Feds lent $1.2 trillion to Wall St. elite
- Citigroup and Bank of America were the reigning champions of finance in 2006 as home prices peaked, leading the 10 biggest US banks and brokerage firms to their best years ever with $104 billion of profits.
- Ads take fire at Tomblin, Maloney
- The relatively quiet campaign thus far was lent a megaphone Tuesday when two national political organizations decided to launch separate ad campaigns taking shots at the Republican and Democratic gubernatorial nominees.
- How can I get money ($3000) back that I lent to my then boyfriend?
- I lost the written agreement but I have records of when I lent him money & what for & some text messages alluding to him owing him money. Plus his sister witnessed it. My other problem is that he is usually below the poverty line.
- Bremerton's Morgan Center could remain a home that helps
- Bremerton Mayor Patty Lent is hopeful that DSHS might consider a proposal to deed the site to the city, which would then lease it to other Kitsap agencies who provide services for people dealing with homelessness, addiction or other challenges.
Suggested Web Resources
- Lent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In the Christian tradition, Lent is the period of the liturgical year from Ash Wednesday to Easter.
- The Season of Lent
- Information about the Season of Lent, including what it means, when it starts and ends, how it originated, and how it sets the theme for Christian worship.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Lent
- The Teutonic word Lent, which we employ to denote the forty days' fast preceding Easter, originally meant no more than the spring season.
- Welcome to Lenten Season - Easter / Lent - Catholic Online
- Catholic Life contains everything catholic you want.
- All About Lent - Catholic Information Network
- Provides answers to common questions about the annual observance.