A selection of articles related to lent.
Original articles from our library related to the Lent. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lent.
- The Case of Ted Owens (The PK Man)
- The principal concern of most readers will be whether the evidence in the Ted Owens case, as presented by Dr. Mishlove, is true beyond a reasonable doubt. Were this case the only case open to investigation it might well be considered beyond the pale of...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Daffodil: Correspondences
- Narcissus spp. Folk Names: Asphodel, Daffy-Down-Dilly, Fleur de Coucou, Goose Leek, Lent-Lily, Narcissus, Porillon Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deity: Power: Love, Fertility, Luck...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary D
- Why are some experts skeptical about subliminal influence?
- There was once a legitimate scientific controversy over whether subliminal perception really occurs or not. The question was whether someone can perceive something unconsciously. All kinds of experiments were performed to try to prove that we were...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- (related to Aryan for "Boat") The Goddess of Death. She is said to secretly cast up a little bone ("Navya kostochka" = `Nav's bone') in a victim's food, and when the fragment is swallowed, they die. Her sacred day was "Naviy den"...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. 12:3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Lent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lent books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Holy Cross aims to end food waste during Lent
- The roughly 100 Holy Cross students, prekindergarten to eighth grade, made a pledge for Lent to consume all of the food they select from the school lunch line.
- Why Catholics Should Read Aristotle During Lent
- Lent is a time for growing in virtue, and what better author to read on the pursuit of virtue than the Greek philosopher Aristotle? After all, he was the first Western philosopher to give a systematic account of virtue in his "Nicomachean Ethics.
- Church Calls for Cyber Bandh During Lent
- It is not the first time the church is asking the faithful to spend lent days in a different way. In 2009, concerned over climate change, Philipose Mar Chrysostom Mar Thoma Valiya Metropolitan, the senior-most bishop of the Mar Thoma Church, had urged ...
- Fish, veggie recipes to enjoy during Lent season
- The recipes below my column follow the Lent season and by no means am I trying to tell you that you must follow them, but I know many do and it is a great part of the Easter season.
- How Much Should Lent Hurt?
- That event came to mind while reflecting on the role of pain, suffering and struggle during Lent. Is Lent (and all of Christian discipleship) worth the effort? If so, how shall we live?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesdolgeville new york history
cheese types of cheese
list of aircraft i-m lear jet