A selection of articles related to leopard seals.
Original articles from our library related to the Leopard Seals. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Leopard Seals.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals...
New Testament >> Revelation
- Astral Beings and Wildlife
- The astral dimension contains a wide variety of what could be called non-physical subtle energy life-forms; or as Carlos Castenada so aptly calls them: inorganic beings. Some of these have a positive nature (nice) and some seem have a negative nature (not so...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
Leopard Seals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Leopard Seals books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Interactions between humans and leopard seals
- Interactions between humans and leopard seals. Sponsored by the Kirsty Brown Fund and hosted by the. British Antarctic Survey.
Suggested News Resources
- Dangerous pursuits
- From the black rhino to the blue whale, leopard seals to giant hornets, he has been searching the world for animals that most sane people would happily avoid.
- Seal beaters escape charges
- "These leopard seals can move very quickly and if they feel threatened, might bite or chase people." Adult leopard seals could weigh 270 to 300 kilograms so it was vital to give them a wide berth and not go between them and the sea, she said.
- Leopard seal tours Hunter coast
- The service's Lawrence Orel said migrating leopard seals usually hauled out in one place for just a day. Footage on YouTube of the seal at Nelson Bay shows it drawing a crowd on a pier, before a man hoses it down.
- Visitor from the south
- "While leopard seals may appear to be docile when hauled out, people must remember that they are wild animals and will react instinctively to defend themselves using their very powerful jaws and sharp teeth, if they are threatened," he said.
Suggested Web Resources
- Leopard seal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The leopard seal (Hydrurga leptonyx), also referred to as the sea leopard, is the second largest species of seal in the Antarctic (after the southern elephant seal).
- Leopard Seals, Leopard Seal Pictures, Leopard Seal Facts
- Learn all you wanted to know about leopard seals with pictures, videos, photos, facts, and news from National Geographic.
- Penguin vs. Leopard Seal - YouTube
- Jun 21, 2007 Emperor penguins try to make it past a lurking leopard seal on their way home to their chicks.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.