A selection of articles related to leprosy.
Original articles from our library related to the Leprosy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Leprosy.
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, saying, 13:2 When a man shall have in the skin of his flesh a rising, a scab, or bright spot, and it be in the skin of his flesh like the plague of leprosy; then he shall be brought unto Aaron the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest: 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, 5:2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. 5:3 And he...
New Testament >> Luke
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye...
New Testament >> Mark
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
Leprosy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Leprosy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LEPROSY
- Previous page: A young girl with macular lesions of leprosy, 1847.
- Leprosy (Hansen's disease) Fact sheet
- New York State Department of Health. Leprosy (Hansen's disease). Last Reviewed: November 2006.
- Eliminate Leprosy
- as a Public Health Problem. WHO standard multidrug therapy (MDT) cures leprosy, stops transmission and prevents disabilities. Eliminate Leprosy.
- Military Dermatology, Chapter 14, Leprosy
- LEPROSY AND ACQUIRED IMMUNODEFICIENCY SYNDROME. SUMMARY .
- II. Leprosy Through the Ages A. History of Leprosy The disease of
- of leprosy has been a scourge of mankind for thousands of years. Through leprosy have undergone extreme hardships.
Suggested News Resources
- Bengaluru nun gets fund to buy Nano, but uses it for charity
- It was the sight of Sister Jacqueline Jean McEwan, mounted on a two-wheeler, going out into streets to take care of leprosy affected patients that moved a group of friends to together donate Rs 1.4 lakh to her.
- Steps to alleviate leprosy patients' sufferings urged
- Islamabad—The concerned health authorities have been asked to create awareness among public on treatment and prevention of disease leprosy to alleviate the sufferings of patients.
- 65% new global leprosy cases from India
- NEW DELHI: India, which has supposed to have eliminated leprosy seven years ago, still records the highest number of fresh cases globally. According to the World Health Organization, 65% of all new cases of leprosy globally are from India.
- Rajya Sabha passes Juvenile Justice Bill
- Replying to a brief debate on the Bill, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said segregation of children afflicted with leprosy, sexually transmitted disease, Hepatitis-B, tuberculosis and unsound mind was not required anymore.
- Wa Municipality records increase in Leprosy cases
- 6, GNA – Wa Municipal Health Authorities say there has been a resurgence of leprosy in the Municipality, an active case search on leprosy and other skin diseases has revealed.
Suggested Web Resources
- Leprosy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Leprosy or Hansen's disease (HD) is a chronic disease caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium leprae and Mycobacterium lepromatosis.
- Leprosy Picture, Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Transmission and
- 3 hours ago Learn about leprosy (Hansen's disease), a disfiguring disease caused by the Mycobacterium leprae bacteria.
- WHO | Leprosy Today
- Resources and information from the World Health Organization on this disease and the global strategy to eliminate it.
- Leprosy: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
- Leprosy is an infectious disease that has been known since biblical times.
- Leprosy (Hansen's disease)
- Leprosy is a chronic bacterial disease of the skin and nerves in the hands and feet and, in some cases, the lining of the nose.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheslars ulrich
obelisk modern obelisks
louis xiv of france early years