A selection of articles related to leprosy.
Original articles from our library related to the Leprosy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Leprosy.
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, saying, 13:2 When a man shall have in the skin of his flesh a rising, a scab, or bright spot, and it be in the skin of his flesh like the plague of leprosy; then he shall be brought unto Aaron the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest: 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, 5:2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. 5:3 And he...
New Testament >> Luke
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye...
New Testament >> Mark
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
Leprosy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Leprosy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Leprosy victims live out their lives in Sri Lanka colony
- For seven decades, his home has been the Hendala Leprosy Hospital near Sri Lanka's capital of Colombo. When he and the nearly 40 other patients here eventually die, the leprosy hospital will close for good.
- Dr. Thomas Rea, father of leprosy treatment, dies at 86
- Doctors had long suspected a link between the immune system and the painful lesions associated with leprosy, but Rea was the to first prove it. His discoveries paved the way for treatments that rendered the disease non-contagious and allowed leprosy ...
- Sri Lanka: Leprosy's Forgotten Generation
- Most of the forty-odd men and women living at the Hendala Leprosy Hospital have been there for most of their adult lives. There's no medical reason for them to stay. Leprosy is curable and the patients are no longer infectious.
- Myanmar's leprosy village offers outcasts a place to call home
- At the entrance to the Mawlamyine Christian leprosy hospital (MCLH) in Myanmar's Mon state, a poem, inscribed on a stone tablet, begins: “People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centred.
- Noted leprosy researcher Dr. Thomas Rea dies at 86
- LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dr. Thomas Rea, whose research into leprosy helped lead to treatments that made the disease less contagious and allowed patients to lead normal lives, has died. He was 86.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesuniform-cost search
funkcore funkcore bands
lee strasberg academy
literature forms of literature
yasukuni shrine debate in japan