A selection of articles related to leprosy.
Original articles from our library related to the Leprosy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Leprosy.
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, saying, 13:2 When a man shall have in the skin of his flesh a rising, a scab, or bright spot, and it be in the skin of his flesh like the plague of leprosy; then he shall be brought unto Aaron the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest: 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, 5:2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. 5:3 And he...
New Testament >> Luke
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye...
New Testament >> Mark
- About Alchemy
- "The science of alchemy I like very well, and indeed, 'tis the philosophy of the ancients. I like it not only for the profits it brings in melting metals, in decocting, preparing, extracting and distilling herbs, roots; I like it also for the sake of the...
Mystic Sciences >> Alchemy
Leprosy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Leprosy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LEPROSY
- Previous page: A young girl with macular lesions of leprosy, 1847.
- Leprosy (Hansen's disease) Fact sheet
- New York State Department of Health. Leprosy (Hansen's disease). Last Reviewed: November 2006.
- Eliminate Leprosy
- as a Public Health Problem. WHO standard multidrug therapy (MDT) cures leprosy, stops transmission and prevents disabilities. Eliminate Leprosy.
- Military Dermatology, Chapter 14, Leprosy
- LEPROSY AND ACQUIRED IMMUNODEFICIENCY SYNDROME. SUMMARY .
- II. Leprosy Through the Ages A. History of Leprosy The disease of
- of leprosy has been a scourge of mankind for thousands of years. Through leprosy have undergone extreme hardships.
Suggested News Resources
- Bengaluru nun gets fund to buy Nano, but uses it for charity
- It was the sight of Sister Jacqueline Jean McEwan, mounted on a two-wheeler, going out into streets to take care of leprosy affected patients that moved a group of friends to together donate Rs 1.4 lakh to her.
- Steps to alleviate leprosy patients' sufferings urged
- Islamabad—The concerned health authorities have been asked to create awareness among public on treatment and prevention of disease leprosy to alleviate the sufferings of patients.
- 65% new global leprosy cases from India
- NEW DELHI: India, which has supposed to have eliminated leprosy seven years ago, still records the highest number of fresh cases globally. According to the World Health Organization, 65% of all new cases of leprosy globally are from India.
- Rajya Sabha passes Juvenile Justice Bill
- Replying to a brief debate on the Bill, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath said segregation of children afflicted with leprosy, sexually transmitted disease, Hepatitis-B, tuberculosis and unsound mind was not required anymore.
- Wa Municipality records increase in Leprosy cases
- 6, GNA – Wa Municipal Health Authorities say there has been a resurgence of leprosy in the Municipality, an active case search on leprosy and other skin diseases has revealed.
Suggested Web Resources
- Leprosy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Leprosy or Hansen's disease (HD) is a chronic disease caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium leprae and Mycobacterium lepromatosis.
- Leprosy Picture, Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Transmission and
- 3 hours ago Learn about leprosy (Hansen's disease), a disfiguring disease caused by the Mycobacterium leprae bacteria.
- WHO | Leprosy Today
- Resources and information from the World Health Organization on this disease and the global strategy to eliminate it.
- Leprosy: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
- Leprosy is an infectious disease that has been known since biblical times.
- Leprosy (Hansen's disease)
- Leprosy is a chronic bacterial disease of the skin and nerves in the hands and feet and, in some cases, the lining of the nose.