A selection of articles related to levirate marriage.
Original articles from our library related to the Levirate Marriage. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Levirate Marriage.
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and...
New Testament >> Matthew
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- A Treatise on Astral Projection, Part 4: More Rope Techniques
- ROPE is a very effective projection technique, but it still has to be learned to be effective. I would like to elaborate on a couple of points about the technique, inspired by the feedback I have received so far. There is NO visualization required - AT ALL -...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 20
- Chapter 20 20:1 And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders, 20:2 And spake unto him, saying, Tell us, by what authority doest...
New Testament >> Luke
Levirate Marriage is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Levirate Marriage books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Levirate Marriage The term is derived from the Latin word “levir
- Levirate Marriage. The term is derived from the Latin word “levir” meaning “ brother-in-law.
- “We Are Bought Like Clothes”: The War over Polygyny and Levirate
- their most enduring cultural practices, polygyny and levirate marriage, no longer groups.
- NMC 484S Gender Issues and Jewish Law.rtf
- This year's topic is Levirate Marriage. We shall examine various modes of marriage in the Bible and Rabbinic Literature in the context of levirate marriage.
Suggested News Resources
- Africa: Wambui Otieno - A Love Story
- Many women who are unfortunate to be widowed early find that they have to leave the rest of their lives in singlehood (levirate marriage is still singlehood for the woman) out of fear of in-laws.
Suggested Web Resources
- JewishEncyclopedia.com - LEVIRATE MARRIAGE
- Marriage with a brother's widow. This custom is found among a large number of primitive peoples, a list of which ...
- Levirate marriage
- Levirate marriage.
- Jewish Heritage Online Magazine
- The levirate marriage is referred to in Hebrew, as yibbum.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Levirate Marriage Topics
the ill-made knight
mindfulness-based stress reduction
staining biology osmium tetroxide