A selection of articles related to levirate marriage.
Original articles from our library related to the Levirate Marriage. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Levirate Marriage.
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and...
New Testament >> Matthew
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: 2:2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine....
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: I Corinthians, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 7:3 Let the husband render unto the...
New Testament >> I Corinthians
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Levirate Marriage is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Levirate Marriage books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Lenten Sermon to Curia on marriage and family
- The first is that marriage becomes a means and not an end. The Old Testament, on the whole, considers marriage a structure of patriarchal authority oriented primarily to the perpetuation of the clan.
- The trip that Pope Francis made to the US-Mexican border resulted in both a
- Francis is correct to not condemn the use of birth control, since the Bible itself doesn't condemn the general use of it. Indeed, the only time birth control is mentioned in the Bible is in a case involving a Levirate marriage. Sure, the Tanakh (a.
- Catholicism at Year Zero
- For Jesus also says that there is no marriage in the Endzeit (Mk 12:18-25; Mt 22: 23-30; Lk 20:27-36).
- An Evangelical Minister Explains Marriage to Rick Santorum, Dr. Moore and Mike
- But upon closer examination of the Scriptures, the very notion of "Biblical marriage" becomes a thorny mess. There's the definition of Biblical marriage in which a man must marry his deceased brother's wife.
- Who's driving high abortion rates? It's the religious right
- How many more centuries of misery, mutilation and mortality are required before we understand that women – young or middle aged, within marriage or without – who do not want a child may go to almost any lengths to terminate an unwanted pregnancy?
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Levirate Marriage Topics
Related searchesole ivar lovaas
herero genocide events
culture of cuba family
wahhabism early history of wahhabism
pathogenic theories of disease