A selection of articles related to levirate marriage.
Original articles from our library related to the Levirate Marriage. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Levirate Marriage.
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and...
New Testament >> Matthew
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore,...
New Testament >> Revelation
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Levirate Marriage is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Levirate Marriage books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Levirate Marriage The term is derived from the Latin word “levir
- Levirate Marriage. The term is derived from the Latin word “levir” meaning “ brother-in-law.
- “We Are Bought Like Clothes”: The War over Polygyny and Levirate
- their most enduring cultural practices, polygyny and levirate marriage, no longer groups.
- NMC 484S Gender Issues and Jewish Law.rtf
- This year's topic is Levirate Marriage. We shall examine various modes of marriage in the Bible and Rabbinic Literature in the context of levirate marriage.
Suggested News Resources
- Africa: Wambui Otieno - A Love Story
- Many women who are unfortunate to be widowed early find that they have to leave the rest of their lives in singlehood (levirate marriage is still singlehood for the woman) out of fear of in-laws.
Suggested Web Resources
- JewishEncyclopedia.com - LEVIRATE MARRIAGE
- Marriage with a brother's widow. This custom is found among a large number of primitive peoples, a list of which ...
- Levirate marriage
- Levirate marriage.
- Jewish Heritage Online Magazine
- The levirate marriage is referred to in Hebrew, as yibbum.
Levirate Marriage Topics
Related searchesdungeons amp dragons comics
rifle kinds of rifles
cryptic crossword charade clues
pure pwnage anastasia tagi
evansville indiana trivia
saved by the bell maxwell nerdstrom
terminator science and technology