A selection of articles related to levuka history.
Original articles from our library related to the Levuka History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Levuka History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
Levuka History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Levuka History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- TABLE OF CONTENTS - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- 4. FIGURES. Figure 1: Boundary of Levuka Historical Port Town including the Levuka Beach Street and surrounding buffer zone.
- Toward the Historical Archaeology of Levuka, a South Pacific Port of
- In the latter half of the nineteenth century, the Fijian port of Levuka alternately passed through incarnations as a beachcomber community, boisterous port of call, ...
- Engaging Private Sector Support: A Comparative Study of - Icomos
- British capital of Levuka are faced with a fiscal impasse that seriously threatens ... would promote many aspects of the region's history, including its timber, dairy ...
- Genealogical Sources for Fiji in Auckland.pdf - LIANZA
- Levuka Public School Roll; 1880-2001. •. The Acklands of Fiji; ...
- Levuka, Fiji: Contested Heritage - Taylor & Francis Online
- Keywords: Levuka, Fiji Islands, tourism, heritage, UNESCO. Introduction ... argument, it is necessary, first, to outline Levuka's history, describe its situation.
Suggested News Resources
- Cyclone Winston lashes Fiji sparking evacuations and cancelled flights
- At least five people are dead and entire villages are feared destroyed after the worst tropical cyclone in Fiji's history.
- Fiji cyclone 'flattened' Koro Island, deaths reach 29
- WELLINGTON – An island in Fiji took a direct hit from a powerful cyclone as the death toll climbed to 29, officials said Tuesday. Government spokesman Ewan Perrin told Radio New Zealand that Koro Island had been “pretty much flattened” by Cyclone ...
- Our living history
- During a break from the program, the divisional superintendent of the Lomaiviti Division, Reverend Simione Ravaga, took me for a tour of Levuka to see if anything had changed since my last visit over a decade ago.
- "Planning for the Conservation and Development of Historic Towns and Urban
- “Levuka Historical Port Town”, the first colonial capital of Fiji and a rare example of a late 19th century Pacific colonial port town, has been inscribed on the World Heritage List in 2013.
- Regional meeting on the Pacific World Heritage Action Plan 2016-2020
- The Regional meeting on the Pacific World Heritage Action Plan 2016-2020 will take place in Suva (Fiji) from 1 to 4 December 2015, and is jointly organized by the World Heritage Centre, UNESCO Apia office, Fiji Museum and the Pacific Heritage Hub.
Suggested Web Resources
- Levuka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- . Much of Levuka's heritage is in its wooden architecture which is highly vulnerable to fire.
- Levuka Historical Port Town - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Levuka Historical Port Town. The town and its low line of buildings set among coconut and mango trees along the beach front was the first colonial capital of Fiji , ...
- Levuka History and Timeline | History and genealogy of the port of
- Mar 29, 2013 History and genealogy of the port of Levuka, Fiji 1700 to 1900; migration of indentured labour from India, slavery, blackbirding, cannbalism; ...
- Levuka Historical Port Town - World Heritage Site - Pictures, info
- Levuka Historical Port Town is an urban landscape in the Pacific that represents 19th century British colonisation. Local warlord Cakobau set up the first ...
- LEVUKA LISTED AS A WORLD HERITAGE SITE - FIJI Shores and
- Levuka is a historical town on the eastern coast of the island of Ovalau. Formerly the Capital of Fiji, Levuka has just been listed as the country's first World ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Levuka History Topics
professor x character biography
nose hill park history