- Genetic variation in the Caucasus
- We also employed a lexicostatistical approach to reconstruct the history of the languages of the North Caucasian family spoken by the Caucasus populations.
- Language Families in Nigeria
- Linguists determine the relationship between languages and map their divergence, that is, the time they started sounding different from their "original" source through the science of lexicostatistics and glottochronology.
- Primer on Filipino Sign Language
- From the lexicostatistical analysis of field data by the Philippine Federation of the Deaf (PFD), possible varieties have so far been proposed: an Eastern Visayas group (Leyte variety) and a Southern Luzon group (Southern Tagalog, Bicol and Palawan ...
Lexicostatistics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lexicostatistics books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.