A selection of articles related to lignum.
Original articles from our library related to the Lignum. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Lignum.
- Aloes, Wood: Correspondences
- Aquilaria agallocha Folk Names: Lignum Aloes Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Powers: Love, Spirituality...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
Lignum is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Lignum books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Lignum Vitae
- How is it that Lignum Vitae, a wood that sinks like a rock, became so valuable to ships?
- The Fluorescence of Lignum nephriticum: A Flash Back to the Past
- when the wood was known as Lignum nephriticum.
Suggested News Resources
- 11 arrested in drug bust
- Those defendants include: Eric Moses, 37, of Washington, DC; Lester Stanley Austin III, 34, of Alexandria, Va.; Joshua Drake, 42, of Fort Washington, Md.; Kimberly Hall, 32, of Capitol Heights, Md.
- Music and life coaxed from bone
- It's made of the now-endangered Central American tree lignum vitae, or "wood of life"; one of the hardest woods known to mankind.
- Paper mill owner admits to causing massive fish kill
- It's a mix of mostly cellulose and lignum material from the trees and cooking solution used to produce paper and cardboard.
- Fragrant wood casts a spell
- The two coarser kinds are called lignum aloes, and calambour. [F.
- Nice weather to start the week, and the first Virginia storm chase post
- Returning northward on Route 20 we headed west on Route 3 at the Wilderness intersection and motored into Culpeper county, stopping on a side road west of Lignum to watch the onrushing clouds.
Suggested Web Resources
- Lignum vitae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Lignum vitae is a trade wood, also called guayacan or guaiacum, and in parts of Europe known as pockenholz, from trees of the genus Guaiacum.
- lignum - definition of lignum by the Free Online Dictionary
- lignum [ˈlɪgnəm]. n. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Plants) Austral another name for polygonum.
- Lignum-Vitae | Home Page
- Lignum-Vitae is a unique wood that is used to make Hydro Bearings, Ship Bearings, Saw Blocks and all sorts of unique products.
- Lignum Drums
- Handcrafted drumsets, snares, and custom made parts.